1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (21 reviews )
Rolled
By missilx on 10/29/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I loved my SC300. And it saved my life. You just don't know a car's safety until you "try it out" - I rolled my SC300 360 degrees down a 25 foot embankment at around 40 mph. The driver's top and side took the brunt of the impact going down. It landed on all fours, and I walked off with a couple of scratches. Now I have to find another SC300!

My SC300
By Fstr on 07/27/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought mine new in 1992 and it remains my favorite car. Have an 07 ES350, nice car, just not SC300 nice. The SC is still rock solid and sexy looking and sounding. This car is a modern day classic.

1 year review
By enycetony on 01/22/09 10:59 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 1 year and it's been great. Super reliable, the only thing I needed to replace was the alternator.

Still Love It After All These Years!
By ede19 on 10/15/08 17:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for almost 17 years now and can't find a car I want to replace it with. It's still the most beautifully designed car on the market for the price range. Even Lexus hasn't come out with a nicer sporty 2-door model in this range (orig $50k fully loaded). The only mechanical problem I've had is the air conditioner went two years ago. Expensive repairs don't quite get it right. A couple of minor electrical repairs a couple years ago, but nothing serious or expensive. I've worn out the leather on the driver's side. No engine problems at all. This is simply a great car. I'll probably always keep it as a second when I finally bite the bullet and get a new one.

I've never owned a car like it
By Charlie Fox on 08/26/08 11:51 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in 2002 with 136,000 miles. Since then I have added over 100,000 miles. Last year I took 4.5 months traveling around the country. I left with over 210,000 miles and traveled over 18,000 miles with no problems. I got it up to over 150 MPH along the way (it has a 5 speed, racing suspension, 17" wheels, and low profile tires). The car is amazing. In the past I have owned Jags, Benzes, Porsches, and Corvettes; none have measured up to the 300. Due to the incredible construction of the car, I plan to keep it into the far future. If you calculate the current cost to replace the features that come with this masterpiece of machinery, at least $70,000 would be required.

Quarter of a Million Miles
By Steve on 07/20/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

These cars are almost indestructible. Just turned over 250,000 with nothing but normal maintenance. Amazing cars.

Fun, Dependable Sport Luxury Coupe
By Kim on 08/14/05 19:29 PM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 125,000 miles on it and I have had it about 2 years and it now has about 131,000 miles on it. Never had a SINGLE issue/problem with this car and it drives like a dream. However, there is a minor oil leak or transmission fluid leak that I have just recently noticed so I will need to have that fixed, otherwise for being a 13 year old vehicle I cannot believe the exceptional reliablity this car has given me!

Lexus SC 300 - One reliable, fun car!
By Kimod74 on 02/22/05 13:15 PM (PST)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my SC 300 with 121,000 miles on it. It is a 1992 and although I was hesitant about buying an older car I wasn't going to pay the price that new cars scrape out of people these days! This car has given me no problems whatsoever! It is a fun car to drive, so comfortable in the captains seat and has excellent power, especially if you put the overdrive button on it really HAULS! The look of the car overall is not too exciting, the exterior is boring, but not TOO boring if you know what I mean. For as heavy of a car that it is it really handles well and gives me the power I need, but not too much power. I love this car.

210,000 miles and counting..
By Steve Thomson on 02/21/05 09:08 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had this wonderful car for two years now and it amazes me. I have a Jaguar and a Chrysler Crossfire, but this is my favorite drive. It cossets you in fun, supple luxury. My goal is to have 300,000 miles on it one day.

Awesome Car!
By STM on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This has been the most maintenance free car I have ever owned. I have over 140k on it now, and I wouldn't hesitate to take this car across the country tomorrow. It's super reliable, comfy, quiet, smooth, and has lots of style. There's got to be a reason that Lexus didn't change it for 10 years. The only thing I might do different if I were to buy another one, would be to get the SC400 to get a little more HP, and a little smoother ride. There's little difference in weight and economy between the two...