Used 1992 Lexus SC 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Lexus Sc-300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (21 reviews )

Rolled
By missilx

1992 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I loved my SC300. And it saved my life. You just don't know a car's safety until you "try it out" - I rolled my SC300 360 degrees down a 25 foot embankment at around 40 mph. The driver's top and side took the brunt of the impact going down. It landed on all fours, and I walked off with a couple of scratches. Now I have to find another SC300!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING! - comfort, layout, styling inside and out, reliability, handling.

Suggested Improvements

LEXUS - BRING BACK THE SC300!

My SC300
By Fstr

1992 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I bought mine new in 1992 and it remains my favorite car. Have an 07 ES350, nice car, just not SC300 nice. The SC is still rock solid and sexy looking and sounding. This car is a modern day classic.

Favorite Features

Looks, sound, solidity.

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again!

1 year review
By enycetony

1992 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 1 year and it's been great. Super reliable, the only thing I needed to replace was the alternator.

Favorite Features

Nice body, reliable, comfortable, GREAT first car to own!!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder stinks, a little more torque would be nice.

Still Love It After All These Years!
By ede19

1992 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for almost 17 years now and can't find a car I want to replace it with. It's still the most beautifully designed car on the market for the price range. Even Lexus hasn't come out with a nicer sporty 2-door model in this range (orig $50k fully loaded). The only mechanical problem I've had is the air conditioner went two years ago. Expensive repairs don't quite get it right. A couple of minor electrical repairs a couple years ago, but nothing serious or expensive. I've worn out the leather on the driver's side. No engine problems at all. This is simply a great car. I'll probably always keep it as a second when I finally bite the bullet and get a new one.

Favorite Features

The look of the car - a cross between a Jaguar and a Porsche. Luxury feeling at a reasonable price. Seats very comfortable. Sun roof is excellent. No one ever complains about wind.

Suggested Improvements

Make this car as a hybrid. You guys need a sexy hybrid in the $40-50k range.

I've never owned a car like it
By Charlie Fox

1992 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in 2002 with 136,000 miles. Since then I have added over 100,000 miles. Last year I took 4.5 months traveling around the country. I left with over 210,000 miles and traveled over 18,000 miles with no problems. I got it up to over 150 MPH along the way (it has a 5 speed, racing suspension, 17" wheels, and low profile tires). The car is amazing. In the past I have owned Jags, Benzes, Porsches, and Corvettes; none have measured up to the 300. Due to the incredible construction of the car, I plan to keep it into the far future. If you calculate the current cost to replace the features that come with this masterpiece of machinery, at least $70,000 would be required.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Since I don't sleep in the backseat, nothing.