2013 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Review: Great - but!!!

2013 Lexus RX 450h - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Great - but!!!
By slojimi on

2013 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my 2nd RX, previously owning a 2008 RX400h, the 450 is definitely the better of the two. It is extremely comfortable, fun to drive, well appointed & stylish. I drive a lot, so it is important that I don't feel beat up or worn out after 5-8 hours. There isn't much I don't really like about this vehicle. My disappointment has been with mpg in both vehicles. I am a "hyper-miler", squeezing every mpg out of the car I can. In the 450, after two years I was averaging 30.5 mpg; getting 32-33 mpg's on many trips. Something changed and I'm lucky to get 28.5 now. The same with the 400h after 70K. Raising the issue with Lexus netted "that's too bad", offering no interest/solution to fix it!

Comfortable seats with heaters/coolers "Mouse" function with the console Hybrid technology & fuel economy – when it works It is well insulated & quiet USB connectivity & sound system

Lexus really needs to fix the hybrid/fuel economy meltdown. I was rather disturbed at the ineptness of the Lexus service department and their very strong message that there was no solution to the problem; nor were they willing to find one. Lexus Customer Services was a joke. My service representative was cocky and primarily responded to all of my concerns with "that's too bad." Not sure I will buy another Lexus after this experience!