gives only 22 MPG vs 30 - 32 as stated on sticker
By neelimag on
2013 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I traded in my Lexus GX470 after 6 years for the 2013 450h. The estimated mileage on the sticker is NO WHERE close to what the vehicle actually gets. I am getting 22-23 average miles per gallon! I called the sales man and he asked us to bring it in. Service dept told us there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. The dealer told us to call Lexus corporate office. We are very disappoitned with the way the sales maanger treated us. He was insensative and blew us off. My family has been buying cars from LONGO Lexus (El Monte, CA) for 30 years. We will nto buy from LONGO again. I sincerely hope that taking the time to post this review will sufficiently warn others fo the this disparity in mileage
By sgull
on 02/16/13 18:20 PM (PST)

We have just over 7k miles on ours and are getting 27 to 28 in city driving. The owners manual says to accelerate up to your desired speed fairly quickly then use your eco gauge on the dash and the blue background light to maintain speed. It's very easy and tempting to just shove your foot to the floor and go, but then you might as well of bought the non hybrid!! Also look ahead and see if signals are red, if so just coast. It doesn't mean you have to drive like an old fart but use common sense and your dash gauges. We get the 28 highway most every time, and the passing power in this vehicle is great!!

By nick148
on 12/24/13 23:22 PM (PST)

Longo is very irresponsible towards its customer and service department is the worst of all. toyota mechanic there are very ignorant. Eco mode doesnot help but worsen the mpg.

By yodaskywalker
on 01/13/13 22:24 PM (PST)

Me too! I can vouch for that 22mpg. I am so disappointed. I feel like I have been cheated and wouldn't have wasted my money on the hybrid version had I known about the poor fuel economy. I was told it would improve over time but I've already driven over 3200 miles and still have the same results.