Close to Excellent
By dc_area_driver on
2012 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
The buying experience was great. Other brands could learn from Lexus and how they treat their customers. . The mileage on the vehicle is as advertised. The ride is smooth and quiet. It is a great road trip vehicle. The Enform system is great! So why isn't the vehicle excellent? The navigation/audio system is 2nd rate. In a vehicle that costs this much money the sound/navigation system should be outstanding.
Favorite Features
The car has a great ride is amazingly comfortable. The keyless entry is fantastic. The car handles well. The mouse is a great way to interact with the UI. My hand can be in a natural position without having to reach forward to a touch screen. As we head into summer, no doubt I am going to like the ventilated seats. While I bash the NAV system under "Suggested Improvements", the ability to enter addresses from my PC and phone and have them downloaded to the car is fantastic!. With gas prices well north of $4.00/Gal the mileage cant be beaten!
Suggested Improvements
Lexus really missed the boat on the NAV/Audio system. The XM integration doesn't compare to a 2004 Acural TL that I owned. It also doesn't compare to the Infiniti that I had prior to this vehicle. The iPod integration is even worse. No album art. When scrolling through a long list of artists the system doesn't display what letter you are on. Additionally the performance of the interface is rather sluggish. The user interface for the NAV system is poorly planned. Lexus could use a lot of help in human interface design here. Lastly, while the system allows for multiple phones to be paired, only one can be active at a time. My $100 Bluetooth headset allows multiple phones to be active.