Used 2011 Lexus RX 450h Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lexus RX 450h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

RX 450h After 1 year
By tgriff

2011 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 2007 RX350 for this hybrid and have been quite pleased. It feels much more stable on the road. The navigation is disk based and is somewhat different, as it trades the touchscreen for a mouse-like control on the console. I miss the storage compartments in the back that are now taken by batteries. I expected higher MPG and would probably get it if driving stop-n-go on city streets, however Dallas driving uses lots of highways. It has good power, but I find myself starting slower, trying to reach the stated MPG. I initially used Premium fuel, then switched to Regular - noticed no difference in performance or MPG.

Quiet, powerful, comfortable, plenty of room, "solid" feel on the road. Good connectivity to media players via USB and bluetooth.

Put guidelines on backup camera - like on Infinity. I miss the holder for sunglasses in the roof console. Use more power from batteries and use smaller engine - especially at low speeds.

RX450h
By ebaxley

2011 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, great. Fuel economy is better than Highlander Hybrid I owned before. Getting over 29mpg overall, over 30 if I use pure gas. About 26-27 on Interstate. Apparently 87 octane is OK, no pinging. Mpg no different with high-test. Features were quite onerous at first but"I'm catching on". Most disappointing feature is , by far, GPS. Map base is outdated, voice recognition poor and some functions won't operate while moving. I realize you shouldn't be inputting while driving but sometimes you have a co-pilot. I have solved problem by mounting a Garmin on the dash. Marvelous ride!

New database(maps) for GPS with available free or inexpensive updates