2010 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Review: Love my Lexus

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV - Consumer Review

Love my Lexus
By John Harvey on

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Lexus. I bought the hybrid because I keep my cars at least 10 years. Gas prices probably will at least double in 10 years. Also the Rx 450h probably will have outstanding reliability like its predecessor. So far the car is fun to drive and it really encourages you to drive for mileage. In the first 900 miles we are averaging 27.5 miles per gallon in mostly highway driving.

The new navigation is super easy to use. It will not let you put in a new address while traveling but I'm sure that's a safety issue. But you can change your destination while moving as long it is an address already in memory. I also like the new CVT with its down shifting option.

I would like a digital read out on the speedometer. Its so quiet that its easy to be speeding in villages. Digital speed would alert you better. Also the Brigstone tires have a terrible tire tread rating of 280. On such an expensive car, you should be able to get better than 15000 miles.