Great Car but Performance Lacking
By NoDuplicates on
2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
When I decided to buy an SUV, I knew it would be Lexus (quality), and I so badly wanted a hybrid to future proof against rising gas prices. I created spreadsheet showing the RX450h vs. RX350 could pay for itself in 3.6yrs. Intellectually I had justified the cost. However, when I drove both cars (450h first, then 350), I was shocked by the sluggish performance of the 450h relative to the peppy 350. The gas pedal felt squishy, sluggishly responsive, getting up to highway speed felt tenuous. Major disappointment!
Favorite Features
Styling, quality, reliability, finish & Lexus service. Auto opening hatch, haptics mouse driven nav, Mark Levinson sound system. Rear lever for lowering back seats. More trunk room. Full size spare. Pre-collision system. Heads-up display. AWD handling in RX350 is superior.
Suggested Improvements
Colors are too limited and too boring. I wish the exterior colors were more exciting. In particular more mid-tone colors that don't absorb the heat of the CA sun so much. Interior gray color is too light and impairs the richness of the interior design. A bolder gray would suit this car better.