Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

Good 1st Impression
By dalav8r

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned an AWD 450H for about 2 months now Overall I'm impressed. Well built, supple ride, handles well, and quiet...all things you'd expect from a Lexus. So far I'm averaging 27.5 MPG which is actually fairly close to the EPA estimate. The math doesn't pay for the hybrid though. I recommend it if you want to be eco friendly, but if it is just a straight $ decision, purchase the 350.

The cooled seats, interior trim, and HUD.

The power ports are located in the bottom of the console and are VERY inconvenient. Not enough of them and a pain to use. The NAV system requires XM subscription for traffic updates. Back seats don't fold flat.

A great second generation hybrid
By reeveswilson

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Rx450h after leasing the Rx400h, buying it off lease and giving it to our son. While the Rx400h was great, the Rx450h is a great improvement with even better mileage. The size is perfect - larger than the 400h but still small enough to be nimble in town and larger enough to feel roomy on the road. We get 28mpg+ (about 1mpg better than the Rx400h). I love the improved comfort, the ventilated/heated seats, the technology plug ins; did I say it was great throughout the last 3 snowstorms that hit Washington, DC? The technology and interior design are improvements over the the rx400h. I loved the RX400h I bought he RX450h when the 400h lease was over.

improved size, comfort, reliability, service (almost 24/7), technology

remove the "Locks" on the navigation and phone when in motion

My first Lexus
By Duiwee

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Lexus and it will not be my last. The RX450h is not a performance machine, it more like a family car. Itís fun to drive, very conformable. I have driven the LS460 and this RX450h is more comfortable then the LS (IMO). The RX have a quite cabin in city driving, but on highway driving is also quite but it can be better. The interior feels a little cheap for a 50k luxury SUV. I would prefer Lexus would pay more attention to the quality of the interior. The exterior is superb (IMO). I know there are mix reviews out there about the exterior styling of this RX. To me I like it. If you are looking for a luxury crossover don't miss this RX. Comfortable, safe & Fun to drive

Leather seats: Supportive, and very comfortable Navigation System: Easy to Use but it can be better Styling: The exterior looks Luxurious Built Quality: Top (10) Smooth Ride: It the best, sitting in the car is a treat in itself.

Interior Layout, Less Plastic.

very snow worthy
By Carla Berman

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle in the cash for clunkers program to replace a 5.9 L Jeep Grand Cherokee that was my vehicle to get to work in deep snow. Recently the Northeast got 24" followed by 20". I live in a rural area and was very pleased by the vehicles ability to easily navigate under adverse conditions. Of course in good weather it is a dream vehicle.

auto everything... lights, wipers, brights and lights that turn with you. Good GPS, great blue-tooth, and easy to play music from i phone while you charge via USB

none

RX450h
By W.Yao

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Quiet and smooth is the obvious feeling when driving. The exterior shape is awesome. Interior has a lot of space and is very luxury and comfortable. However the gas pedal is sluggish. My first tank of gas only gives me 24.6 mpg which I drove about 240 miles highway (60~70 mph) and about 160 miles city (25~45 mph). I was expecting at least 29 mpg in this drive pattern. Hopefully next tank of gas would give me better performance.

The GPS, AFS, Bluetooth connected to cell phone.

SOS key should not be so close to the garage door buttons. Should have digit speed indicator (better in the rear- view mirror) instead of magnetic direction indicator. The rear door should be automatically pulled up when opened from outside. The sound of automatic door lock/unlock can be louder.

• SUV