Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

Very Comfortable and Economical
By Texan Brit

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had the car for 6 months and driven it on two long journeys over 1000 miles each way, as well as commuting to work. Journeys averaged 25 mpg, commute in traffic usually get 29 or 30 mpg which is sensational for a vehicle this size. It's only let down by the plastic finish on some of the interior fittings. It's very strange as some features are wonderful like the soft leather seats and the soft interior roof lining. Contrast this with the plastic finish of the grab handles that rattle annoyingly. I'm sure Lexus will fix this on future versions. Overall though a great vehicle with good economy and pretty good performance overall.

Fuel economy, great external looks and very comfortable driving experience. Drives like a car.

Get rid of the cheap plastic interior parts, grab handles and center console. Change location of power outlets which are buried deep in the center console.

Scoop on Mileage
By His and Hers

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I both drive this car, and I wanted to let people know our experience about gas mileage. My wife drives the car just like she always has driven any vehicle. She routinely averages about 25 to 26 MPG. I have found that, if I deliberately drive to maximize mileage (no jackrabbit starts, stay at 70 on the interstate, take it easy in general, but nothing extreme) I can consistently average 29 or 30 MPG. I would stress that these are AVERAGE mileage. Often people (and car ads) talk about the highway mileage as though that is the mileage. The really strong suit of these hybrids is their combined mileage. An SUV that can average 30 MPG if driven calmly is pretty impressive to me!

Takes off like an eight if you need to merge in front of a semi, but easy to drive gently. We LOVE the directional headlights and the seat heaters. The best night rain driving car I have ever driven.

Center console compartment is badly designed. We had a Tundra that had a much better and more versatile arrangement.

Good Performance
By Apogeelam

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am leasing the RX450h for almost a year now. so far, I like it, but it would be good if Lexus have the service for unlock the door for you if you are the owner and you lock out. I went shopping once at 40 miles from my home, and my key dropped on the seat quietly. I called the dealer, and they told me the only thing they could offer is to come pick me up to get my spare key at home. (but I know even have my home key.) The media USB ports are not convenient to reach. Since the dealer is 38 miles away from my house, I am not sure if a local oil change service could do the oil change for me.

cruise control is awesome, I love it. The "style" is always my favorite.

I forgot to shut down my car when I went to school, shore, and work. Surprisingly, it did ran out of gas on me, but it was bizarre.

Very Good MPG on RX 450h AWD
By Rod

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded in the 2009 Chevy Traverse after 7500 miles and 3 times in shop, for a total of 7 days on warranty work. So far on the Lexus no problems and twice the MPG the Traverse got. Average 30.5 in the city 28 highway. The ride is comfortable and feels like its well built. I just hated to buy Japaneses but what can you do when a new vehicle breaks down 3 time in 10 month. After 10 month on Lexus I will write another review.

GPS bluetooth HUD and overall the MPG

Move USB and audio port.

Good 1st Impression
By dalav8r

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned an AWD 450H for about 2 months now Overall I'm impressed. Well built, supple ride, handles well, and quiet...all things you'd expect from a Lexus. So far I'm averaging 27.5 MPG which is actually fairly close to the EPA estimate. The math doesn't pay for the hybrid though. I recommend it if you want to be eco friendly, but if it is just a straight $ decision, purchase the 350.

The cooled seats, interior trim, and HUD.

The power ports are located in the bottom of the console and are VERY inconvenient. Not enough of them and a pain to use. The NAV system requires XM subscription for traffic updates. Back seats don't fold flat.