Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

Scoop on Mileage
By His and Hers

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I both drive this car, and I wanted to let people know our experience about gas mileage. My wife drives the car just like she always has driven any vehicle. She routinely averages about 25 to 26 MPG. I have found that, if I deliberately drive to maximize mileage (no jackrabbit starts, stay at 70 on the interstate, take it easy in general, but nothing extreme) I can consistently average 29 or 30 MPG. I would stress that these are AVERAGE mileage. Often people (and car ads) talk about the highway mileage as though that is the mileage. The really strong suit of these hybrids is their combined mileage. An SUV that can average 30 MPG if driven calmly is pretty impressive to me!

Favorite Features

Takes off like an eight if you need to merge in front of a semi, but easy to drive gently. We LOVE the directional headlights and the seat heaters. The best night rain driving car I have ever driven.

Suggested Improvements

Center console compartment is badly designed. We had a Tundra that had a much better and more versatile arrangement.

Good Performance
By Apogeelam

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am leasing the RX450h for almost a year now. so far, I like it, but it would be good if Lexus have the service for unlock the door for you if you are the owner and you lock out. I went shopping once at 40 miles from my home, and my key dropped on the seat quietly. I called the dealer, and they told me the only thing they could offer is to come pick me up to get my spare key at home. (but I know even have my home key.) The media USB ports are not convenient to reach. Since the dealer is 38 miles away from my house, I am not sure if a local oil change service could do the oil change for me.

Favorite Features

cruise control is awesome, I love it. The "style" is always my favorite.

Suggested Improvements

I forgot to shut down my car when I went to school, shore, and work. Surprisingly, it did ran out of gas on me, but it was bizarre.

Very Good MPG on RX 450h AWD
By Rod

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded in the 2009 Chevy Traverse after 7500 miles and 3 times in shop, for a total of 7 days on warranty work. So far on the Lexus no problems and twice the MPG the Traverse got. Average 30.5 in the city 28 highway. The ride is comfortable and feels like its well built. I just hated to buy Japaneses but what can you do when a new vehicle breaks down 3 time in 10 month. After 10 month on Lexus I will write another review.

Favorite Features

GPS bluetooth HUD and overall the MPG

Suggested Improvements

Move USB and audio port.

Good 1st Impression
By dalav8r

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned an AWD 450H for about 2 months now Overall I'm impressed. Well built, supple ride, handles well, and quiet...all things you'd expect from a Lexus. So far I'm averaging 27.5 MPG which is actually fairly close to the EPA estimate. The math doesn't pay for the hybrid though. I recommend it if you want to be eco friendly, but if it is just a straight $ decision, purchase the 350.

Favorite Features

The cooled seats, interior trim, and HUD.

Suggested Improvements

The power ports are located in the bottom of the console and are VERY inconvenient. Not enough of them and a pain to use. The NAV system requires XM subscription for traffic updates. Back seats don't fold flat.

A great second generation hybrid
By reeveswilson

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Rx450h after leasing the Rx400h, buying it off lease and giving it to our son. While the Rx400h was great, the Rx450h is a great improvement with even better mileage. The size is perfect - larger than the 400h but still small enough to be nimble in town and larger enough to feel roomy on the road. We get 28mpg+ (about 1mpg better than the Rx400h). I love the improved comfort, the ventilated/heated seats, the technology plug ins; did I say it was great throughout the last 3 snowstorms that hit Washington, DC? The technology and interior design are improvements over the the rx400h. I loved the RX400h I bought he RX450h when the 400h lease was over.

Favorite Features

improved size, comfort, reliability, service (almost 24/7), technology

Suggested Improvements

remove the "Locks" on the navigation and phone when in motion