2010 Lexus RX 450h Consumer Review: Scoop on Mileage

2010 Lexus RX 450h - Consumer Review

Scoop on Mileage
By His and Hers on

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I both drive this car, and I wanted to let people know our experience about gas mileage. My wife drives the car just like she always has driven any vehicle. She routinely averages about 25 to 26 MPG. I have found that, if I deliberately drive to maximize mileage (no jackrabbit starts, stay at 70 on the interstate, take it easy in general, but nothing extreme) I can consistently average 29 or 30 MPG. I would stress that these are AVERAGE mileage. Often people (and car ads) talk about the highway mileage as though that is the mileage. The really strong suit of these hybrids is their combined mileage. An SUV that can average 30 MPG if driven calmly is pretty impressive to me!

Favorite Features

Takes off like an eight if you need to merge in front of a semi, but easy to drive gently. We LOVE the directional headlights and the seat heaters. The best night rain driving car I have ever driven.

Suggested Improvements

Center console compartment is badly designed. We had a Tundra that had a much better and more versatile arrangement.