Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:

Loving the Lexus
By S Hodgson

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've been driving my RX 450H for over 2 years and love it. I'm used to getting a brand new company car every two years and when they limited the selection to just a Ford Focus, I decided to opt out for milage reimbursement instead. I spend a tremendous amount of time driving and wanted something nice/comfortable. We purchased the extra maintenance plan and at 99,500 miles, so far I've done nothing but the scheduled oil/maintenance, covered under my plan. More importantly, I love driving it. I concur that milage is contingent upon driving style. I average 28 mpg even hitting 80mph with highway driving, by avoiding quick acceleration and taking my foot off the accelerator when I know I'm braking soon. My only frustration is the USB port location is ridiculous. Its buried under the storage trays, and access is difficult because the storage compartment doesn't open a full 90 degrees. Thankfully I leave the connector plugged in so rarely have to access it. My Lexus dealership couldn't be more accommodating during maintenance, with a loaner if reserved beforehand, shuttles to the mall across the street if desired, and a nice set up at the dealership where I can work or watch TV in designated lounges. (Johnson Lexus, Raleigh NC) I highly recommend this car and wouldn't hesitate to buy another lexus after this experience.

Love this car!
By miss_mija

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall great car. We were looking for a luxury family car with a quiet cabin and this vehicle suits our needs. The ride in this car if very comfortable and the cabin is quiet. It's a smaller SUV which suits me and my family fine. I only have one small child and found it easier and more practical to install the car seat behind the passenger side. Putting a car seat in the middle limits the space for another passenger. Also love that the vehicle if relatively low maintenance.

Interior design and features are very classy. I also love the reclining back seats. Backup camera and parking sensors are also a nice feature we added to the car.

The sensors for opening your car so you don't have to take a key out of your pocket or purse is a perk, however it is annoying that the sensors aren't on the back two doors. When trying to open the doors with a small child this is a terrible set up. They obviously did not user test this feature on a family. Also the mirrors don't electronically fold in, you have to manually fold the mirrors in when parked on the street. I also own the GS 350 which has this feature and the electronic mirror fold should have been a standard feature on the RX450 H. Also not a fan of where they put the plug for your phone charger, hard to reach.

Lexus RX 450 H
By fyr1

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Without a doubt the finest car I have ever owned. After 80,000 miles the car has only had oil changes tires and brakes 3000 miles ago. Car has averaged 25.5 mpg to date. Less than what is stated but not uncommon. I live in a very hilly area. The cost of the hybrid over the RX 350 has been met and I am now reaping the reward of buying this car rather than the non hybrid model which gets 30 % less mpg. I am kind of bummed at the residual value which is less than half of what the car cost. this car will cruise to 250,000 miles easy with the proper maintenance. While this is a great car I would like to see it a diesel RX suv

Great ride very comfortable, good handling car all wheel drive is excellent and necessary where I live and for my trips to Maine.

I would prefer a diesel over a hybrid so car could tow and still get good mpg.

2010 rx 450h hybrid
By cosgrove6345

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car after careful review from all the usual sources. I am very pleased with my new red car. Comfort package and all the bells and whistles. I studied the reviews and surmised that the way you drive the car dictates the mileage you will get. So no quick starts and using the cruise control when ever possible and averaging 28 mpgs! I live 6 miles from work and drive to mountain bike on the weekends and am getting over 400 miles per tank. You really have to take it easy and enjoy the car to get this but it is achievable .Love the complete voice activation for everything. Just read the manual and you are on your way. Very comfortable and a joy to drive.

A voice activation , parking sensors, sat radio , great bluetooth, mouse control. Head room , i am 6'4"

Better job on chrome wheels and needs a dent strip.

Lexus Lemon Car
By kimfrazier

2010 Lexus RX 450h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2010 RX 450h after having a 2002 GS 300 that served me greatly for 7 years. However, the RX stranded me in the middle of a busy intersection after 1 month and 2000 miles. This car has given me nothing but problems since I bought it and it has been in the shop 20 days of the 50 days that I have owned it. Lexus does not build the quality cars it used to. I would not recommend buying this car. You will regret it!

The Navigation and console are nicely designed

Make a car that will run.

• SUV