Used 2010 Lexus RX 450h Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Very Comfortable and Economical
By Texan Brit

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had the car for 6 months and driven it on two long journeys over 1000 miles each way, as well as commuting to work. Journeys averaged 25 mpg, commute in traffic usually get 29 or 30 mpg which is sensational for a vehicle this size. It's only let down by the plastic finish on some of the interior fittings. It's very strange as some features are wonderful like the soft leather seats and the soft interior roof lining. Contrast this with the plastic finish of the grab handles that rattle annoyingly. I'm sure Lexus will fix this on future versions. Overall though a great vehicle with good economy and pretty good performance overall.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, great external looks and very comfortable driving experience. Drives like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the cheap plastic interior parts, grab handles and center console. Change location of power outlets which are buried deep in the center console.

Initial impression
By Burt10

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very impressed with the RX450h. Excellent comfort and fun to drive. Takes a while to get familiar with all the capability but basic operation is easy and intuitive. Very good dealer service.

Favorite Features

Nav., and comfort. Heat and air system.

Suggested Improvements

Need more exterior colors. Grey interior would be better a little darker. Predicted tire life disturbing.

Poor fuel economy
By Richard

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this 2010 Lexus RX450H for about 3 months. One thing disappointments me is the actual mileage I am getting. I use it for commute from home to work in San Francisco. So far the total mileage is 880. I have been getting 21 MPG in city and 23 MPG in the city. My combined average MPG is 21.9 MPG. The advertised fuel efficiency is 28 MPG on highway and 32 MPG in the city. Not sure it is just my car or it is the city that has lots of hill and traffic signal. My round trip from home to work is 12 miles. One reason we want to switch from our 2001 BMW330CI (which runs 14 MPG) to this car is hoping to save gas. I have not bring this car to long trip yet, will test that out later.

Favorite Features

GPS, bluetooth, backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Better actual fuel efficiency.

Good Performance
By Apogeelam

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am leasing the RX450h for almost a year now. so far, I like it, but it would be good if Lexus have the service for unlock the door for you if you are the owner and you lock out. I went shopping once at 40 miles from my home, and my key dropped on the seat quietly. I called the dealer, and they told me the only thing they could offer is to come pick me up to get my spare key at home. (but I know even have my home key.) The media USB ports are not convenient to reach. Since the dealer is 38 miles away from my house, I am not sure if a local oil change service could do the oil change for me.

Favorite Features

cruise control is awesome, I love it. The "style" is always my favorite.

Suggested Improvements

I forgot to shut down my car when I went to school, shore, and work. Surprisingly, it did ran out of gas on me, but it was bizarre.

2010 rx 450h hybrid
By cosgrove6345

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car after careful review from all the usual sources. I am very pleased with my new red car. Comfort package and all the bells and whistles. I studied the reviews and surmised that the way you drive the car dictates the mileage you will get. So no quick starts and using the cruise control when ever possible and averaging 28 mpgs! I live 6 miles from work and drive to mountain bike on the weekends and am getting over 400 miles per tank. You really have to take it easy and enjoy the car to get this but it is achievable .Love the complete voice activation for everything. Just read the manual and you are on your way. Very comfortable and a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

A voice activation , parking sensors, sat radio , great bluetooth, mouse control. Head room , i am 6'4"

Suggested Improvements

Better job on chrome wheels and needs a dent strip.