2010 Lexus RX 450h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 450h model:
Lexus RX 450 H
By fyr1 on 12/27/13 17:06 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Without a doubt the finest car I have ever owned. After 80,000 miles the car has only had oil changes tires and brakes 3000 miles ago. Car has averaged 25.5 mpg to date. Less than what is stated but not uncommon. I live in a very hilly area. The cost of the hybrid over the RX 350 has been met and I am now reaping the reward of buying this car rather than the non hybrid model which gets 30 % less mpg. I am kind of bummed at the residual value which is less than half of what the car cost. this car will cruise to 250,000 miles easy with the proper maintenance. While this is a great car I would like to see it a diesel RX suv

2010 rx 450h hybrid
By cosgrove6345 on 06/02/12 16:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car after careful review from all the usual sources. I am very pleased with my new red car. Comfort package and all the bells and whistles. I studied the reviews and surmised that the way you drive the car dictates the mileage you will get. So no quick starts and using the cruise control when ever possible and averaging 28 mpgs! I live 6 miles from work and drive to mountain bike on the weekends and am getting over 400 miles per tank. You really have to take it easy and enjoy the car to get this but it is achievable .Love the complete voice activation for everything. Just read the manual and you are on your way. Very comfortable and a joy to drive.

Lexus Lemon Car
By kimfrazier on 12/31/10 06:36 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2010 RX 450h after having a 2002 GS 300 that served me greatly for 7 years. However, the RX stranded me in the middle of a busy intersection after 1 month and 2000 miles. This car has given me nothing but problems since I bought it and it has been in the shop 20 days of the 50 days that I have owned it. Lexus does not build the quality cars it used to. I would not recommend buying this car. You will regret it!

Excellent
By Marie on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I finally decided to get a new car and replace my 2005. Wanted to stay in the SUV arena, but really wanted to save on mileage. This one does it! I am averaging 30 mpg and I'm not driving differently to effect the mileage. The technology is really fun -- I like the mouse and can work it effortlessly. (I was afraid it wouldn't be natural - it is.) Heads up display is cool. - - I can even see what radio station I'm on. This car is not only beautiful but functional too. I'm happy.

Ride
By disgusted on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hard, stiff, jolting ride. Very uncomfortable if there are any imperfections in the road surface. Lexus destroyed the beautiful 400h to create this mobile design error. Typical stupidity was to put the only front 12 v outlet in a cavern under 3 boxes. Duh! Why not a second convenient one? The only thing luxurious about the 450h is the price. It is our 3rd and LAST Lexus unless they replace our suspension system. It is sad to see great soft riding comfortable SUVs (RX series 1999- 2009) be trashed so badly in 2010. After 6 months the car has 3000 miles on it because our Honda truck is far more comfortable. The Lexus is history next year!

Lives up to high expectations
By Dave on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With 5,000 miles on the car now, I'm averaging about 28mpg. The lowest tank average occurred driving through the mountains on vacation with a loaded car at about 25 mpg and I have gotten around 30mpg on normal driving around town. I had very high expectations for this car when I chose to buy it and it has really beaten my expectations with pure comfort, exceptional ride quality and enough technical gadgetry to keep me occupied on long drives. It certainly is not a sports car, but for it's size, the handling is very good and the engine and CVT transmission is a perfect match. I also live in a very dark area and the adaptive headlights are bright and extremely helpful at night.

Poor fuel economy
By Richard on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this 2010 Lexus RX450H for about 3 months. One thing disappointments me is the actual mileage I am getting. I use it for commute from home to work in San Francisco. So far the total mileage is 880. I have been getting 21 MPG in city and 23 MPG in the city. My combined average MPG is 21.9 MPG. The advertised fuel efficiency is 28 MPG on highway and 32 MPG in the city. Not sure it is just my car or it is the city that has lots of hill and traffic signal. My round trip from home to work is 12 miles. One reason we want to switch from our 2001 BMW330CI (which runs 14 MPG) to this car is hoping to save gas. I have not bring this car to long trip yet, will test that out later.

Ipod disatifaction
By Larry Gathings on 08/23/10 11:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this vehicle Sept 2009. I very much enjoy the vehicle. The mileage is great. I don't like the connection ports. The usb ports are very hard to reach. The main problem I have is my ipod will not play. The ipod will play intermittently. I have addressed this problem to the dealership as well as Lexus. Neither have solved this problem .

Comfortable Ride
By From Denver on 08/23/10 10:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first SUV and I love being high up. I love the ride; quiet, smooth like glass, cushy seats. Mileage so far is a disappointment. I am averaging just under 25 mpg. The interior of the car, other than the fine leather seats, is also a disappointment. Too much plastic. Even the wood appears cheap. The gadget technology (phone, nav, audio, etc) is unsophisticated and lacks elegance. Placement of the dashboard and other interior gauges can be in hard to find places making it necessary to take your eyes off the road. The glove box is a joke. I expect more from a $50,000 plus luxury car. I am counting on Lexus' reputation for high reliability to make this a worthwhile purchase.

Very Comfortable and Economical
By Texan Brit on 07/25/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 450h 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had the car for 6 months and driven it on two long journeys over 1000 miles each way, as well as commuting to work. Journeys averaged 25 mpg, commute in traffic usually get 29 or 30 mpg which is sensational for a vehicle this size. It's only let down by the plastic finish on some of the interior fittings. It's very strange as some features are wonderful like the soft leather seats and the soft interior roof lining. Contrast this with the plastic finish of the grab handles that rattle annoyingly. I'm sure Lexus will fix this on future versions. Overall though a great vehicle with good economy and pretty good performance overall.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus RX 450h in VA is:

$145 per month*