Love Hate Relationship
By G Henry on
2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have had my RXh for 4 months and I love it, and I hate it. It is comfortable, safe, easy to drive, quiet, stunning Levinson audio system and more but mine has problems with the regeneration. My regeneration worked perfect until the battery pack showed fully charged. Ever since then the regen works about 60% of the time. Two dealers have looked at it and found nothing. Now I have video proof I will take in this week to see how they will ignore my issue. If you get 19-22 mpg in the city your regen is also not working well. When it is working and you drive responsibly you will get 27 in the city. The RXh is wonderful and smooth and safe, but I bought a hybrid and expect it to work.
Favorite Features
Smooth acceleration, quiet interior unless you are aggressive with the acceleration, Safe and responsive steering, auto windows on all controls not just the drivers.
Suggested Improvements
Provide key-less push button start, upgrade the heated seat control to something not from the 90s, courtesy lights on the exterior mirrors like all other Lexus.