Reliable but the buy a self-battery jumper because the starter battery will die on you
By greyhounds3 on
2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I bought this used and the hybrid system was not explained to me at the dealership. I had to go to another dealership which took the time to explain the hybrid system to me. (I stayed a customer at that dealership) The starter battery dies in cold weather on a regular basis and also will die if the vehicle has not been driven for a week or so. Do yourself a favor and purchase a chargeable self-battery jumper, which will save you a lot of time waiting for AAA. I bought the hybrid to get better fuel economy. I haven't seen the fuel economy of the Rx400h go above 26. The features and gadgets are simple and easy to use, and the seats are super comfortable.
Favorite Features
Seats are comfortable. Gadgets are simple. Decent fuel economy. I love the power rear-door mechanism and the button on the hatch door to close the door is easy to reach, even for little petite me. There's pretty good room in the cargo area and the back seats fold flat.
Suggested Improvements
Sticker price! Real pricey. Fuel economy is not what I expected or was hoping for. The starter battery drove me crazy. The starter battery dies easily in cold weather. It also dies when the vehicle has not been driven for a week or so. Don't bother waiting for AAA: buy yourself a self-jumper.