Excellent Vehicle
By ramskifast on
2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I bought this vehicle with 64K miles on it. Now I have 70K. My worse tank was 24mpg and the best was 29.25mpg. I seem to average between 25 and 27.50 with mixed driving. When I get the higher mileage it's usually when most of the driving is at lower speeds as you would expect. I noticed a review of this vehicle by someone stating poor mileage. There was either something wrong with the vehicle or it was due to poor driving habits. Way too many people blast up to the light and hit the brakes. Then they hit the gas hard taking off. Dumb-de-dumb. If you use softer driving habbits you will get 26-29. You have to be thinking hybrid. Smart drivers will see the good mileage.
Favorite Features
Nice ride and quiet. High quality build. I love the keyless roll down all windows and open the sun roof feature. Wonderful on a hot day as you walk up to the car. Overall a wonderful SUV. A pleasure to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Since people can (but shouldn't) talk on phone and text while they drive why can't a passenger work the Nav while the vehicle is moving? The passenger seat sensor should be connected to Nav system. Then if some idiot insists on putting a few sand bags there to beat the system then so be it.