Used 2008 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus RX 400h - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus RX 400h

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Great performance and mileage!
By DHENRY

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Broke this car in on a trip through the mountains. At 200 miles, it averaged 25.1 MPG, 72 MPH. Town driving at average 27 to 29 MPG. Latest trip (Interstate and mountains) averaged 26.1 MPG., again at 72 MPH. Acceleration is both excellent and fun. This is our third Lexus (2nd RX) and it's by far the best. If your gas mileage isn't AT LEAST as good as the EPA estimate, work on modifying your driving style. Build quality for this Japanese-built example is flawless, and dealer (Classic Lexus) is extremely 'hybrid knowledgeable'.

I Love This Car
By Peter Milewski

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an SUV that rides and performs like a luxury sedan. It also gets great mileage. I averaged 27 mpg for my first 1000 miles and over 30 mpg on my daily stop and go commute into Boston. I am tall and this is the first car that makes me feel comfortable getting in and out of the drivers seat. The car has every bell and whistle you could want and some you may never use. I love this car!

Luxurious and comfortable interior, spectacular gas mileage, stylish exterior design, incredible handling.

None

Great Investment
By dgmarnp

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having owned my RX400H now for over a year, I can say that is a fantastic vehicle to own and drive. I drive over 1000 miles a month and average 24-28 miles per gallon. If you don't get this type of mileage, you are not driving it the proper way. It took me over a month to get used to the subtle changes you need to make to maximize your fuel economy. It is so quiet for an SUV and very comfortable. Whether I am alone, with my grandchildren, or my parents, everyone raves about the comfort of the ride.

I don't really have one, but my grandchildren love the integrated Bluetooth phone to talk to their grandfather or parents. My kids like the nav system.

The nav system needs to allow the passenger to change things while the vehicle is in motion. Add option of air-conditioned seats (like my husband's Lexus has) for those of us in a warm climate.

sad
By jfinley

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is unfortunate that the new Lexus gets nothing near the promised gas mileage. you will be lucky to get 17/22 with the hybrid. I wonder if the non-hybrid gets worse gas mileage? Also, the battery and engine make a lot of noise. The CVT is awkward at best, and not a luxury item. Kinda of like calling a dude ranch luxury hotel. It still a ranch and smells like a ranch no matter how nice the beds. I am not even going to mention my unhappiness with the lockout function on the nav and blue tooth. If I could do over, I would save 15 grand and buy the 350 or the Acura RDX. I feel like such a sucker for buying the "hybrid."

Auto tail gate

Less noise and better gas mileage

Poor Gas Mileage
By Luke

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We like the SV, but we expected more MPG than 22. The car drives nice and handles nice and of course Toyota quality is everywhere. Just hate the gas mileage for the price we paid.

The ride is spectacular!