Used 2008 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

I Love This Car
By Peter Milewski

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an SUV that rides and performs like a luxury sedan. It also gets great mileage. I averaged 27 mpg for my first 1000 miles and over 30 mpg on my daily stop and go commute into Boston. I am tall and this is the first car that makes me feel comfortable getting in and out of the drivers seat. The car has every bell and whistle you could want and some you may never use. I love this car!

Luxurious and comfortable interior, spectacular gas mileage, stylish exterior design, incredible handling.

None

Great Investment
By dgmarnp

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having owned my RX400H now for over a year, I can say that is a fantastic vehicle to own and drive. I drive over 1000 miles a month and average 24-28 miles per gallon. If you don't get this type of mileage, you are not driving it the proper way. It took me over a month to get used to the subtle changes you need to make to maximize your fuel economy. It is so quiet for an SUV and very comfortable. Whether I am alone, with my grandchildren, or my parents, everyone raves about the comfort of the ride.

I don't really have one, but my grandchildren love the integrated Bluetooth phone to talk to their grandfather or parents. My kids like the nav system.

The nav system needs to allow the passenger to change things while the vehicle is in motion. Add option of air-conditioned seats (like my husband's Lexus has) for those of us in a warm climate.

sad
By jfinley

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is unfortunate that the new Lexus gets nothing near the promised gas mileage. you will be lucky to get 17/22 with the hybrid. I wonder if the non-hybrid gets worse gas mileage? Also, the battery and engine make a lot of noise. The CVT is awkward at best, and not a luxury item. Kinda of like calling a dude ranch luxury hotel. It still a ranch and smells like a ranch no matter how nice the beds. I am not even going to mention my unhappiness with the lockout function on the nav and blue tooth. If I could do over, I would save 15 grand and buy the 350 or the Acura RDX. I feel like such a sucker for buying the "hybrid."

Auto tail gate

Less noise and better gas mileage

Poor Gas Mileage
By Luke

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We like the SV, but we expected more MPG than 22. The car drives nice and handles nice and of course Toyota quality is everywhere. Just hate the gas mileage for the price we paid.

The ride is spectacular!

Better MPG!

Exceeded My Expectations
By T Owens

2008 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Extraordinary would be the best word that describes my driving experience in the Lexus RX400h AWD. It came with all the bells and whistles that one would expect from Lexus. The vehicle is exceptionally comfortable, fun, and easy to drive. Although this is my 2nd SUV and 1st hybrid, it is by far superior to the 16.5 MPG Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer that I use to own. What's truly remarkable is the outstanding power performance when you need it, and the equally outstanding fuel economy in stop and go city traffic. Knowing that the 400h is very quiet in the hybrid mode has heightened my situational awareness when people are nearby on foot, as it's almost as loud as an electric golf cart.

Getting 31 MPH in a 24 MPH expected world. The technology involved in creating this vehicle is remarkable. Everything functions better then the PlaneView Avionics on a Gulfstream G550. Toyota has exceeded my expectations with this puppy. Easy to use, fun to operate, and a thrill to drive.

Variable speed fan on the environmental control system Rather than a multi-speed fan. Coded door entry system, so I would not have to carry a key, that could open the door (s) including the rear door. Navigation system that would allow passenger to program while vehicle is in forward motion.