2007 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Review: Great ride in 07 RX 400h - dea

2007 Lexus RX 400h - Consumer Review

2007 Lexus RX 400h

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Great ride in 07 RX 400h - dead battery
By 07RX400h on

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just picked up my 07 RX 400h on 9/11. I'm still trying to get used to no engine starting when I turn the key. Very quiet and smooth ride. Fuel economy is avg. around 24-25 mpg over the first 100 miles (about 50/50 hwy/city) -- I have a little bit of a foot, but have been going pretty gentle on the pedal. I have made a couple of individual 5-10 mile trips in city with up to 32 mpg. I'm happy with 25 mpg compared to my Lin. Nav at 10 mpg. Had an issue this morning with a dead ICE battery. Lexus sent out AAA who didn't know squat about hybrids, so I ended up reading the owners manual to the tow truck driver. A quick jump start and everything was fine -- I hope.

Bluetooth phone connection. Only wish that the system would support multiple number transfer from my phone. I ended up popping my SIM chip in an old Motorola phone so I could do single number transfers into the address book. It works, just not as fast.

How about another 3 inches of leg room. I'm 6'8". I thought it was roomy enough when I did the test drive, but after two hours on one trip, I miss the leg room from my Lin. Nav. Integrating XM traiffic into the Nav system would be terrific.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review