2007 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Review: Awesome Vehicle!

2007 Lexus RX 400h - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Awesome Vehicle!
By Rockville1 on

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love everything about this car. And by the way, Im 511 and there is plenty of leg and head room for both front & rear passengers. I have been very impressed with how quiet the vehicle is, how easy it is to drive (parking is a breeze!), and how quickly & smoothly the car accelerates! I have been averaging 29.5 since temps have risen above 60. In the winter, I was averaging 25.0. On the highway you will get your best mileage if you keep the car at 65 (or less). Mileage drops a bit once you start cruising at 70 or above. Note that this car is designed for optimal performance and not optimal fuel economy. Don't buy if your main goal is to save money on gas.

I love being able to monitor my fuel consumption as I drive. I have learned to maximize fuel economy out of the car. One trick is to get the car up to cruising speed (even on the interstate), then back off the gas pedal and gently reapply to drive just off the hybrid battery.

There are some quirks with the vehicle that Lexus should improve on. There is a noticeable lurch when the gas engine first comes on (minor issue).