2007 Lexus RX 400h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:
Awesome Vehicle!
By Rockville1 on 04/03/07 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love everything about this car. And by the way, I’m 5’11” and there is plenty of leg and head room for both front & rear passengers. I have been very impressed with how quiet the vehicle is, how easy it is to drive (parking is a breeze!), and how quickly & smoothly the car accelerates! I have been averaging 29.5 since temps have risen above 60. In the winter, I was averaging 25.0. On the highway you will get your best mileage if you keep the car at 65 (or less). Mileage drops a bit once you start cruising at 70 or above. Note that this car is designed for optimal performance and not optimal fuel economy. Don't buy if your main goal is to save money on gas.

Poorly Built
By GKC on 03/11/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

You should think twice before buying this vehicle. I am only 5'6" and when delivered, the front seats of my 400h would not go back far enough and had to be unbolted and moved, at a $500 expense to me. Also my head is against the roof with the seat all the way down.The front seat belts are too short and extensions have to be used which compromise safety. The car lunges forward, usually in park, when it switches from electric to gas engine. Gas use runs 20 mpg in town and 17 mpg on the road. It has been back to the dealer and they say there is nothing wrong with the vehicle.

Lexus hybrid is the BEST
By Jess on 02/14/07 06:00 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Looking for a SUV that offers luxury was hard to find. Lexus certainly has the market cornered when it comes to combining luxury, sport and fuel economy! The best purchase I have made yet!

Extraordinary Engineering
By RAC on 01/24/07 13:15 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We needed more cargo space in our vehicles but didn't want a gas guzzling SUV. The Lexus has proved to be a wonderful solution - we have plenty of cargo space inside and on the roof and the hybrid system, while taking some time to get used to, has been just terrific. The ride is smooth and quiet - the hybrid drive works flawlessly and is a wonder to watch on the monitor and there is more than enough power when you need it. The entire vehicle is beautifully built, roomy and very well equipped. The navigation system is a bit daunting at first, but use the quick guide - you'll be fine. Mileage is getting there - when broken in we think it will be just about at published levels. Fantastic!

The Ride Hooked Me
By JRS on 01/02/07 22:54 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Never bought a car for the ride but one Lexus test drive had me hooked. Originally came from the Volvo for Life Family but Volvo sold me a 2003 XC90 with too many problems. I want quality, safety, service, and piece of mind. Instantly fell in love with Lexus’ hybrid ride. Could not tell SUV was on. Talk about get up & go. This baby has power. I keep the cruse control on because I am worried about speeding. It is like floating on a cloud, don’t realize how fast you’re going. Was hoping for better gas mileage. Getting anywhere from 26 to 27 mpg (drive both highway and city). Better than what I was getting before so I’m still pleased. Manual says it gets better after 5000 miles. Will see.

Superb Vehicle
By Amy Smith on 12/31/06 20:59 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was determined to buy a hybrid this year -- one that would last until the market would be open wider in terms of alternative fuels. I currently get about 30 mpg, and this is almost 2-1/2 times my previous vehicle. LOVE IT -- superb. Bravo Toyota.

I would buy it again.
By Alex Azev on 10/13/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great SUV, best ride ever. Could have more room between the front seats. Good gas mileage, not as expected but good enough. I've been driving it since February/06 and can't get over how quiet it is. I'm never tired of driving this car.

Great ride in 07 RX 400h - dead battery
By 07RX400h on 09/13/06 12:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just picked up my 07 RX 400h on 9/11. I'm still trying to get used to no engine starting when I turn the key. Very quiet and smooth ride. Fuel economy is avg. around 24-25 mpg over the first 100 miles (about 50/50 hwy/city) -- I have a little bit of a foot, but have been going pretty gentle on the pedal. I have made a couple of individual 5-10 mile trips in city with up to 32 mpg. I'm happy with 25 mpg compared to my Lin. Nav at 10 mpg. Had an issue this morning with a dead ICE battery. Lexus sent out AAA who didn't know squat about hybrids, so I ended up reading the owners manual to the tow truck driver. A quick jump start and everything was fine -- I hope.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.