2007 Lexus RX 400h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:
Clost to perfect car
By stevemiller4lv on 11/13/14 13:31 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2007 RX 400h has 76,000 trouble free miles. Two aux. batteries, two sets of tires, one factory recall handled in an hour by dealer. Otherwise, no problems. I change the oil every 10,000 miles, get an avg. of 25 MPG on regular. I plan to keep this vehicle until a plug in version with lithium battery is offered.

Exceeds expectations - great mileage, reliability, luxury
By alyssaszoo on 06/28/14 08:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our first hybrid and first SUV; had it 7 years (+105k miles), in both city and rural areas (dirt roads). Our 400h performs consistently well, even in blizzards and icy/snowy conditions in hilly New England winters. Super comfortable - I'm 5'5" (and been pregnant twice with this car), hubby is 6' - we both love it. Low maintenance - our only major expenses (besides one new set of tires) have been replacing the battery and brakes. Note to new parents: larger, rear-facing car seats fit best on the passenger side to give taller drivers enough legroom (I fit; hubby doesn't). By far the best SUV I've ever driven - and the hybrid/gas mileage factor is the icing on the cake!

Lexus RX400H - A True Lexus
By scottmason1 on 07/26/12 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Lexus 400H is a great car overall, as my ratings have shown. It's a hybrid of course so it has a very smooth engine that does not roar but still makes sound if you accelerate fast. It is very quiet at low speeds and has great features. My particular RX400H has heated leather seats, navigation system and a 6 disk CD player with automatic everything. So, in a few words- it is luxurious. Everything about it is very smooth.

400h not suitable for winter with ice
By Laurence and Theresa on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 400h was the first hybrid we owned and we paid a premium at the time. We would not buy a hybrid again. We live in Canada and travel every weekend to snowy conditions. The hybrid is underpowered on the rear axle since it is powered by an electric motor. In situations where the front wheels have low traction and the rear has to take the load it does not perform. We have several friends in British Columbia who Twill not take this vehicle up a driveways if there is snow and ice. Bottom line this is not a 4 wheel. It is an all wheel with insufficient torque in the rear drive train for winter conditions due to a lack of power design in the rear electric drive train. T

Love my hybrid
By LilXMo on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have enjoyed this 2007 RX400h since I purchased it. I've gotten great wear out of my tires and brakes. In fact, I still have 7/10 on brakes and will replace my original tires this month after 66,500 miles of city and highway driving. I feel safe and this vehicle is reliable. When I wear this vehicle out, I'll definitely purchase another Lexus SUV hybrid!

The best - from a former German car snob
By reeveswilson on 02/27/10 14:11 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm writing this review after leasing this car for 3 years and 54,000 miles. Until I leased the Rx400h - I had always owned German performance cars. However - this car was a "game changer". I loved the car - the mileage was great - 28+mpg, the maintenance was almost nothing (5k oil changes, on "big" service at 30k) and my original tires lasted the entire lease term. The car taught me how to drive to get great mileage. All of the technology worked beautifully. It was great having bluetooth that actually worked with my blackberry. Service open almost 24/7. We liked the car so much we bought it off lease and gave it to our 26 year old son as we bought the new RX 450h

Reviewer Say What?
By G2 on 02/19/09 12:46 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Lexus 400h is the best car I've ever owned, and I've own Beamers and Mercs. I get 28.5 mpg on mostly interstate driving during the summer and 25.5 mpg in the winter. Somehow my 21 year own son can get 32 mpg, swear on my mother. Believe me when I say I don't know how, because he has a lead foot. This car is smooth, and quiet. Love the CVT and I don't miss the transmission shift bump. I'm buying the 2010 RX 450h when it comes out and I'm trading my wife's 2006 IS250 for the HS250 when it comes out in the fall of 2009.

Poor Gas Mileage
By David on 08/08/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased this vehicle solely for the gas mileage that was claimed on the sticker and what the dealer said it would actually get. We were very disappointed when it got 35-40% less then what they claimed. Around the city the best we were able to achieve was 19.6 mpg when the sticker and dealer claimed it would get 31 mpg or better. We even had a factory rep from Lexus drive the car and he could not get it over 20 mpg. This car is terrible! Lexus would not stand behind it and told us that there was nothing they would do. We lost 13k selling it back to the dealer.

Great car
By Rx on 07/03/08 06:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 400h has great acceleration. It is a well built car and very comfortable. Average gas mileage is 28 MPG, therefore consistent with other reviews. The navigation system is the worst part of the package. Acura has an excellent navigation system.

Great car
By Van Zee on 06/14/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Especially for mountain driving this car is high performance. I like the low emission which helps the environment and increases the pleasure of driving this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.