Used 2007 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Clost to perfect car
By stevemiller4lv

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2007 RX 400h has 76,000 trouble free miles. Two aux. batteries, two sets of tires, one factory recall handled in an hour by dealer. Otherwise, no problems. I change the oil every 10,000 miles, get an avg. of 25 MPG on regular. I plan to keep this vehicle until a plug in version with lithium battery is offered.

Offer an after market plug in lithium battery conversion with range of 35 - 50 miles on electric power only.

Exceeds expectations - great mileage, reliability, luxury
By alyssaszoo

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our first hybrid and first SUV; had it 7 years (+105k miles), in both city and rural areas (dirt roads). Our 400h performs consistently well, even in blizzards and icy/snowy conditions in hilly New England winters. Super comfortable - I'm 5'5" (and been pregnant twice with this car), hubby is 6' - we both love it. Low maintenance - our only major expenses (besides one new set of tires) have been replacing the battery and brakes. Note to new parents: larger, rear-facing car seats fit best on the passenger side to give taller drivers enough legroom (I fit; hubby doesn't). By far the best SUV I've ever driven - and the hybrid/gas mileage factor is the icing on the cake!

Our 400h averages 27-28mpg on hilly country roads, w/some highways. Comfy, quiet, smooth, luxurious ride. No road noise; plenty of power to get up steep hills and/or accelerate into highway traffic easily (far better than our Prius). Love the heated leather seats, nav system, 6-disc CD player, hands-free bluetooth and moonroof. Cargo space fits two 70-80lb dogs with ease and 40-20-20 seat split provides great flexibility; auto-liftgate in back helpful when juggling kids and bags. Second row fits larger car seats for infants/toddlers (e.g., Chicco Key Fit 30, Britax Advocate 70 CS Convertible/rear-facing) without sacrificing leg room for front passengers (but too crowded for driver's side).

Slightly more cargo space and a slightly wider second row (or the option of a third row) would be great, to fit more than two car seats - or more dogs.

Lexus RX400H - A True Lexus
By scottmason1

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Lexus 400H is a great car overall, as my ratings have shown. It's a hybrid of course so it has a very smooth engine that does not roar but still makes sound if you accelerate fast. It is very quiet at low speeds and has great features. My particular RX400H has heated leather seats, navigation system and a 6 disk CD player with automatic everything. So, in a few words- it is luxurious. Everything about it is very smooth.

I love how quiet it is below 25mph. It is a modern Lexus so steering is tight and the brakes are fantastic. I feel very in control when I drive it. Great back seats and big trunk. Great speakers too. Since it is a hybrid when you floor it you feel as though it is accelerating very fast even tho it is just the assistance of the battery.

After driving it for 2.5-3 hours my butt becomes very uncomfortable in the seats. Maybe they are not cushioned enough or something but it's very annoying.

400h not suitable for winter with ice
By Laurence and Theresa

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 400h was the first hybrid we owned and we paid a premium at the time. We would not buy a hybrid again. We live in Canada and travel every weekend to snowy conditions. The hybrid is underpowered on the rear axle since it is powered by an electric motor. In situations where the front wheels have low traction and the rear has to take the load it does not perform. We have several friends in British Columbia who Twill not take this vehicle up a driveways if there is snow and ice. Bottom line this is not a 4 wheel. It is an all wheel with insufficient torque in the rear drive train for winter conditions due to a lack of power design in the rear electric drive train. T

Heated seats

Stronger battery for rear powertrain Back up lights Sound signal when tank requires filling currently only has visual

Love my hybrid
By LilXMo

2007 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have enjoyed this 2007 RX400h since I purchased it. I've gotten great wear out of my tires and brakes. In fact, I still have 7/10 on brakes and will replace my original tires this month after 66,500 miles of city and highway driving. I feel safe and this vehicle is reliable. When I wear this vehicle out, I'll definitely purchase another Lexus SUV hybrid!

Sun roof, lots of room with the back seats down, navigation, back up camera, handling, quick acceleration.

Living in Vegas, it would be nice for A/C to crank up a little quicker. Needs more lighting for backing up. Even with back-up camera, it's too dark. Seats are a little too "short" meaning too much of my upper leg/knee hang over the front of the seat. Can be uncomfortable after long drives.