2006 Lexus RX 400h 3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Not perfect yet

2006 Lexus RX 400h - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

Not perfect yet
By april on

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car but I have four things that if changed would make it perfect! First, when entering I have to duck (I am 5'6") my head a little and it bothers my neck sometimes. Second, the second row seats don't fold flat and I have bulldogs that like to be level. Third, the back window is so slanted that the sun beats down and melts my groceries and overheats my dogs. And finally, I HATE the console with the push button open close system. My dogs step on it and fall in the console all the time. I would much prefer a large console with a padded hinged lift top. That would eliminate the fold down arm rests which I find a nuisance.

Favorite Features

The seats are the most comfortable I have ever had. I have the stainless interior which I find to be sporty and classy. I love the power lift gate and the great pick-up and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, more head room upon entry, different console, fold flat second row seats and less slant to the rear window.