2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:
Great Car, Disappointing Mileage
By Robert on 06/06/06 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle is a delight to drive -- great acceleration, quiet, comfortable, reliable and more. The only two negatives are mileage much lower than advertised and I wish the body style was different than the RX 330.

LOVE this car!
By Pat Hale MD on 06/06/06 06:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had several Lexus RX 300s and this hybrid is an improvement in every way... better mileage, comfortable, peppy, easy to use and lots of great extras...my favorites being the auto wipers and the backup camera!!! I love how quiet it is when it goes electric!

Best car I ever owned
By Robert fraguela on 06/06/06 06:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's an economy car went I want it to be, and it's a performance car when I want it to be. But it's always a luxury SUV that is as quiet and smooth as you can get. The best vehicle I ever owned.

No drawbacks
By Robin on 06/03/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. The only difference between the hybrid and a regular vehicle is that sometimes the quiet operation is unnerving. It takes some getting used to. Now I find when I drive someone else car, I'm surprised when the engine kicks in immediately when I start it. That does not happen with my hybrid. The engine starts only when it needs to.

Going Hybrid
By Martin Malkin on 06/03/06 05:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nothing but pleasure. Frisky, economical and plush

Wonderful Vehicle
By fun ride on 05/30/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Incredible vehicle that runs extremely smooth. I have never enjoyed a car as much as this one. Gas mileage is between 25 and 27 MPG. Overall, I highly recommend this car.

Love the Hybrid
By Buckeye on 05/26/06 10:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought our Lexus 400h in Sep '05 and extremely happy with it. The fuel economy is not what was advertised... but that is to be expected. But overall we are pleased with the gas mileage. Getting better than advertised highway but lower than advertized city. Love the looks, comfort and quality of the RX400h.

Not what I expected for gas mileage
By Laurie on 05/21/06 21:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this vehicle to get lower gas mileage and enjoy Bluetooth phone tech. I am disappointed with both. I get 24.2 mpg and interupted phone service. I paid $10,000 too much for this vehicle.

Outstanding
By M.E. Warenik on 05/19/06 06:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have experienced total comfort and excellent MPR. This is such a quiet vehicle. A total joy to own. The hybrid experience is about knowing you are doing your small part to help the enviroment.

Goes
By gordon thorpe on 05/16/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

THe RX400 flies like a rocket. Hard to hold down to 70. Gas mileage is excellent and navigation system is a real treat. Best car I have ever owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.