Used 2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Problem not addressed
By drives1

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have one of the very first RX40hs off the line. I waited a year an a half on a waiting list to ensure I got the first one to arrive. Unfortunately, I think I have a lemon. The car pulls to one side and after a year and a half and 25,000 miles it cannot be fixed. Tires were bald at 15,000 miles, and the dealer replaced all four gratis (which was nice of them). The dealer has been good. But Lexus corporate has pretty much ignored me and does not call when they say they will, if at all. I am extremely disappointed. Lexus customer care does not care, it seems. All they do is send surveys, but it seems they never read them.

Gas mileage, comfort, room, reliable other than poor tracking problem.

RX 400h Review
By tep

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle has been 100% reliable. The longest I have driven at one time is 900 miles and it was not tiring. Fuel economy is good, around 30 mpg local driving, 32 mpg at 60 mph on highway, 26 mpg at 70 mph on highway. It is reasonably quiet on the highway with the Michelin tires. Looks like first set of tires will last 45,000 miles.

Comfortable seats, both front and rear.

GPS could be more user friendly.

A New Driving Experience
By Garyeth

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 10 months of driving the RX 400h I am sold on this car. I previously owned a non-hybrid Lexus RX 300 and the hybrid is so much more powerful and fun to drive. I am averaging 26 mpg which is more than adequate for the size and weight of this car. The challenge is to see how far you can coast on battery power in order to increase your mileage. This takes a light foot on acceleration as well as easy breaking. As with my 6 previous Lexus automobiles, this car has required no servicing to date and should prove to be very reliable. The acceleration is more like a V8 due to the combination of electric motors and gas engine. We've been to the mountains and had no problems on the hills.

The standard sound system on this car is superb. I also enjoy the power tailgate which is very convenient when loading groceries. The pickup is excellent and I can't complain about saving gas with the 25+ mpg. I like the headlamps that turn with the steering wheel for better cornering visibility.

Not a big deal but it would be nice to include the electric lumbar adjustment on the passenger side along with the driver's side. This helps on those long trips.

Lexus Quality at its best
By foxy_ maverick

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving a Range Rover for five years decided for a change. Wow the Lexus was great compared to it. I had a lot of electronic problems with the Range Rover which was a reliability issue. From what I have heard Lexus is a very reliable make. Fingers crossed!

Hybrid drive and fuel economy.

Adjustable armrest.

Almost 18 months old
By thomas

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had vehicle for over a year. No problems with it. Very satisfied.

Great sat nav. Sits up so I can see. Very fun to drive.

Cruise control little hard to use.