2006 Lexus RX 400h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:
Not the advertised MPG!
By jeneaneball on 09/04/06 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only reason I purchsed the 400h was because of the so called "great gas mileage." A joke at best. I live in Texas, it can't get any flatter, I am a very conservative driver and my MPG is at 21.2. I guess the only way to get the 29-33 mpg they claim is to drive under 40 mph, never run the air conditioner and live where the air temperature is always in the 70s.

Awesome
By fred on 09/03/06 18:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car really is fun to drive. I had a VW Toureg before the Lexus and this car so far is more reliable.The fact that the Toureg used high test at 13mpg made me look for an alternative ride. I am happy with the choice I made.

Drives like a sports car
By Marek on 09/02/06 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for almost a year. The best future is stability control, which helps you in the snow and on the wet roads. I feel very safe in this car. Acceleration is outstanding: driving on the highway on V6 only, when in need, electric motors kick in and give you that extra boost. It feels like a turbo, but without all the mechanics and fuel penalty of the regular car. I get 23-24 MPG driving in NJ.

More comfortable than a Mercedes
By tg on 09/02/06 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

RX 400h's technology is light years ahead from other cars on the market today. The hybrid powertrain does not only save you gas and helps the environment; it makes the habitacle significantly more silent than even a high-end car such as a Mercedes sedan. Power is impressive and compares with a V8. When purchasing the car, the dealer connected my cell phone to the car's bluetooth system in 30 seconds: this feature is priceless! I pick up incoming phone by depressing a button on the steering wheel, voice comes out of the car's stereo system, and the mic is integrated in the car - I never have to pick up the phone. Despite its price, this car is worth every penny.

Awesome vehicle
By hybrid on 09/02/06 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Smooth, soft, powerful. You will never hear or feel the transmission change gears. We have been getting great city mileage.

Easy, reliable and handy sport SUV
By jukka on 08/24/06 03:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very nice to drive and economical too. When accelerating strong the steering wheel has too much "feelings" like front wheel dive car. Very handy to fold the rear seats. In winter inside gets warm quicker thän normal engine. Fine car and not a one problem during the first year.

This RX 400h is great!
By Gene Knight on 08/16/06 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like the vehicle, it's got a really smooth ride, and very quiet running, in both gas and electric modes. I traded in my 2003 RX 330, and the 400h gets about 5 mpg better fuel economy than my 330. There is a lot more passing power in this RX 400h than the 330 had, it sort of lagged at times but the 400h has instant power.

Lexus 400h
By allan seck on 08/01/06 11:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great vehicle. All of the comfort and performance of a gas powered SUV with better mileage and extremely low emissions. May be a bit hard to justify extra price tag but vehicle is great.

My Mileage has been great
By Patrick on 07/28/06 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have read plenty of the consumer reviews, and seen plenty of people disappointed with the MPG. Not me. I live in Chicago and do a fair combination of highway/city driving combo to to/from work, and I have got no less than 29 mpg per tank. I can usually get 450+ miles out of every fill up. Granted I have changed my driving habits a bit so that I can utilize the electric motor more, but I get to work at the same time, so I am not going any slower. I am really pleased with the vehicle since I have a VW Passat as well and this gets about 5-6 mpg better with more room (a lot of baby stuff), the higher driving experience (see the road better), outstanding features, and more oomph (for passing).

1 month ownership
By S-TONIT on 07/27/06 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car late June 06 and immediately took it on a trip. We started with 43 miles on the car and drove from Florida to the N.C. mountains. We averaged 26.3 mpg on the highway with the a/c on. In the mountains we averaged 24.6. Back in Florida, we are averaging 28.8 around town with the a/c on. It has surpassed my expectations. We traded an 04 330 awd on this vehicle and we do notice quite and improvement. Nice job Lexus!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.