Used 2006 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Satisfied customer
By patrick mackenna

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

From the test drive to my 1st 400 miles its been a pleasure to drive. My hazardous experience, a driving rainstorm, left me feeling safe and comfortable. The suv held the road and the windshield wipers reacting to the amount of rain made the ride fun.

Backup camera and windshield wipers w/the sensor

Add remaining miles on the tank of gas based on average mpg.

Love it
By Ed

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the RX 400h for 2 years now and my wife and I love it. The power and quick acceleration when needed was a surprise. The turning radius is extremely small and steering is the best I've ever had on any vehicle. I think the ride is exceptional and quiet. My first experience with a hybrid and it has exceeded my expectation.

Back-up camera, auto seat settings, 1 for my wife and 1 for me.

The only complaint I have with the car is that you have to be stoped before you can reset the GPS. What's up with that.

50,000 and 3 sets of tires later
By thebratz

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My car is a service nightmare. Every time I bring it in they tell me I need new tires. Maintenance tells me this is standard on this model. It won't start some days and Lexus is not able to tell me what the problem is. I have never made it out the door without paying over $1,000 in repairs. It is a nice car and fun to drive but not worth the headaches of needing to be somewhere and not being able to get it started. Lexus does not seem to understand its own hybrid technology yet when problems occur.

Put better quality tires on the car.

Go fast RX 400h
By Maria Ennella

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second RX series AWD. I like the reliability, comfort and style. The car is wonderful on a trip or just driving around town. The brakes are the best performance of any vehicle I have owned. I like the way they respond to the road especially in rainy Florida weather. In addition, the car has amazing pickup which is extremely important when entering some of the interstate highways that cannot be avoided. I enjoy the quiet engine of this hybrid. My next will be a Lexus.

Everything that the car offers.

Add the wood grain back in the console aream which I think Lexus did.

Loving it
By trey

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a used 400h this past weekend and love it. Very smooth riding, the hybrid technology is great. I drove to the dealer in a lincoln aviator getting 14 mpg, on the way home in the city 30 on the highway 28.6 mpg. It feels good inside, just to the point and runs well. Very happy with the choice and getting a preowned with low mileage saved a ton on the cost. Get the navigation, well worth it.

Hybrid technology- it's a dream just to watch the computer manage the engine, automatic truck opener, the headlights that move as you turn, navigation is a must, comfort of the seats, drives like a car.

None really, could use an aux input for an iPod, etc., some more wood in the interior, 3rd row seat.