Used 2006 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Go fast RX 400h
By Maria Ennella

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second RX series AWD. I like the reliability, comfort and style. The car is wonderful on a trip or just driving around town. The brakes are the best performance of any vehicle I have owned. I like the way they respond to the road especially in rainy Florida weather. In addition, the car has amazing pickup which is extremely important when entering some of the interstate highways that cannot be avoided. I enjoy the quiet engine of this hybrid. My next will be a Lexus.

Everything that the car offers.

Add the wood grain back in the console aream which I think Lexus did.

Loving it
By trey

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a used 400h this past weekend and love it. Very smooth riding, the hybrid technology is great. I drove to the dealer in a lincoln aviator getting 14 mpg, on the way home in the city 30 on the highway 28.6 mpg. It feels good inside, just to the point and runs well. Very happy with the choice and getting a preowned with low mileage saved a ton on the cost. Get the navigation, well worth it.

Hybrid technology- it's a dream just to watch the computer manage the engine, automatic truck opener, the headlights that move as you turn, navigation is a must, comfort of the seats, drives like a car.

None really, could use an aux input for an iPod, etc., some more wood in the interior, 3rd row seat.

Love that Lexus
By jp

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have owned just about every luxury brand there is and for my driving, Lexus is the best. Smooth, soft,and speedy is the rule. The 400h performance far exceeds the 330 RX. The gas mileage is about 1/3 better than the non hybrid.

Handling and smoothness of ride.

Wood trim in the 400h.

RX 400h
By Bobcatmountainman

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Vehicle feels safe, comfortable and fast for an SUV. Holds the road well. Gets good mileage. Great for passing other vehicles. Love all the featuers such as side dimming mirrors, turning headlights, bright headlights, memory seats, tilting side mirror when backing up, rear camera.

Hybrid technology, turning lights, bright lights , handling, tie points in rear area, maps and directions

Equip with Michelin tires, laser cruise, add a cruise-engaged light, better low fuel indicator, Blue tooth that will work with several cell carriers, slightly more power to make a sub 7 sec car.

Not perfect yet
By april

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car but I have four things that if changed would make it perfect! First, when entering I have to duck (I am 5'6") my head a little and it bothers my neck sometimes. Second, the second row seats don't fold flat and I have bulldogs that like to be level. Third, the back window is so slanted that the sun beats down and melts my groceries and overheats my dogs. And finally, I HATE the console with the push button open close system. My dogs step on it and fall in the console all the time. I would much prefer a large console with a padded hinged lift top. That would eliminate the fold down arm rests which I find a nuisance.

The seats are the most comfortable I have ever had. I have the stainless interior which I find to be sporty and classy. I love the power lift gate and the great pick-up and smooth ride.

Better gas mileage, more head room upon entry, different console, fold flat second row seats and less slant to the rear window.