Used 2006 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Rx-400h - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus RX 400h

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Hang on for some excitement!
By Don Panetti

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the vehicle now for 3 years and the Goodyear Tires were the real downfall of the vehicle They were like skin at 20,000 miles. I really like the acceleration at any speed and the gas mileage is about 28 to 29 highway and anywhere from 26 to 31 in the city, depending on whether I drive on flat or hilly areas. The ride is not the best as the seats are too firm. Handling is great.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and acceleration were very good.

Suggested Improvements

Seats that are more comfortable. Putting proper tires on the original vehicle.

Goodyear tires don't do it!
By riverside

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second Lexus SUV - my first hybrid - and I am sorry I did not stay with the RX350. The hybrid attraction doesn't live up to expectations simply because the battery vents take up valuable floor storage space and the weight of the battery over time causes the Goodyear tires to chop making the vehicle ride extremely rough. I was just told that my second set of new tires (put on after 15,000 miles) are not wearing properly. I have a little over 30,000 miles on the car. I have written to Lexus; however, my past attempt to get them involved on this issue, took a village and eventually they deferred me to Goodyear. Goodyear refused to do anything this time.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, GPS, and push button rear door.

Suggested Improvements

Do not use Goodyear tires on this vehicle. Lexus, corporate, needs to get their act together and better serve their customers.

Satisfied customer
By patrick mackenna

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

From the test drive to my 1st 400 miles its been a pleasure to drive. My hazardous experience, a driving rainstorm, left me feeling safe and comfortable. The suv held the road and the windshield wipers reacting to the amount of rain made the ride fun.

Favorite Features

Backup camera and windshield wipers w/the sensor

Suggested Improvements

Add remaining miles on the tank of gas based on average mpg.

Love it
By Ed

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the RX 400h for 2 years now and my wife and I love it. The power and quick acceleration when needed was a surprise. The turning radius is extremely small and steering is the best I've ever had on any vehicle. I think the ride is exceptional and quiet. My first experience with a hybrid and it has exceeded my expectation.

Favorite Features

Back-up camera, auto seat settings, 1 for my wife and 1 for me.

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint I have with the car is that you have to be stoped before you can reset the GPS. What's up with that.

50,000 and 3 sets of tires later
By thebratz

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My car is a service nightmare. Every time I bring it in they tell me I need new tires. Maintenance tells me this is standard on this model. It won't start some days and Lexus is not able to tell me what the problem is. I have never made it out the door without paying over $1,000 in repairs. It is a nice car and fun to drive but not worth the headaches of needing to be somewhere and not being able to get it started. Lexus does not seem to understand its own hybrid technology yet when problems occur.

Suggested Improvements

Put better quality tires on the car.