2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:
Lexus Hybrid SUV
By Ann on 05/14/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love Lexus vehicles and when I heard they were building an SUV I put money down to get one of the first. I love it but only have 1000 miles on it so far. At this point my mileage avg. approx 22 mpg in the city and hwy. I have done a combination of driving. It has gotten better as I have driven it. But I haven't seen it reach the 30 mpg yet. Other than that, I still have all the luxury and power I need. It gets better mileage than the '05 GS 430 I was driving that got 16 mpg, plus I have more space. I do love dealing with Lexus, they make it very easy to do business with them. So far, my family has purchased 9 different Lexuses.

RX400h
By mz on 05/11/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 500 miles in part highway and part city driving, car is averaging 25 mpg. This compares to 19 mpg for an Audi A4 and 16 mpg for an 8 cylinder Touareg about the same size and weight as the 400h.

approaching perfection
By Dick Capello on 05/10/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The RX400h continues Lexus' tradition of producing quality, innovative and reliable automobiles. I have owned one since April 25th, 2005 and still have my 1995 SC300. It has performed perfectly for 10 years. The RX400h has met all the claims made for it and is filled with the small amenities that characterize the line. The informative displays on the Nav screen and speedometer are teaching me a new way to drive... trying to keep the gas engine OFF! The on/off cycles of the engine are virtually unnoticable.

The Hybrid has finally arrived
By Sam Bawi on 05/08/05 06:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drove a Prius for a year and I loved it but it was a little cramped for me . I liked the technology so much that I put a down payment on a Lexus 400h last year and finally got my car last week. I have driven it more than 200 miles and what pleasure. It is quiet, comfortable and powerful and I am enjoying every minute of the drive. The gear noise that some experts had pointed to in early reviews is not evident. And the luxury and the feel is so good it made my Prius look like the starter car it was meant to be. I am averaging 26 MPG with hard driving it. I see no reason for any one to drive any SUV but the Lexus 400h.

The latest Tech for an SUV
By LAL on 05/07/05 07:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I only have this SUV for one week but have put over 500 miles on it. I really enjoy the comfort and the gadgets in this vehicle. When you start it you hear nothing except the heating or air system - just a "ready" indicator on the instrument panel. The pick up is very good and handling seems very reponsive. I have driven in heavy rain and wind and felt that the car held the road exceptionally well. I have not yet gotten the mileage stated but the dealer told me I will when I have broken in the gas engine, probably @2000 miles. I really would have liked a place for change on the dash or a place to put a phone. Women will love the place for a handbag. Overall after 1 week, I love the car

RX400h
By Ken on 05/03/05 23:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just received our RX400h - delighted with the improvements over the 2004 330x we had - much better acceleration, much tighter transmission. Electric takes a little getting used - especially when backing out of a parking spot as pedestrians are alarmed. Electric brakes are a little touchy. We are getting an overall 24.3 mpg on regular 60/40 city/highway and have 650 miles on the car. Gas engine seems to run much more than we expected and electic supplements gas when above 50 mph more than we were led to expect. Overall we are delighted with this vehicle. Exceptional quality inside and out.

Hybrid Delivers Luxury and.....
By Carol on 05/03/05 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was extremely successful in getting car within week of release without being on wait list. Car is amazing -- delivers 268 horses on demand but hybrid system is flawless. Two electric motors in addition to the 3.3L V6 work seamlessly. I LOVE THIS CAR! This is the first time I have ever owned a Lexus and it won't be the last...but I won't be giving this car up for a LONG TIME. Buying experience was as amazing as the car. A lot to learn about the navigation system and the technology of the automobile, but so worth it.

Awesome Vehicle
By Soxcyclone on 05/01/05 00:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The long wait for the RX400h has been more than worth it. I have only been driving it for just a few days, but all I can say is wow, what a vehicle! The power and acceleration is incredible for an SUV with a V6. It is also very quiet (sometimes totally silent), and comfortable. I would say though that the most surprising finding to this point is that I believe (from testing so far) the EPA estimate of 31 mpg (city driving) probably can be beaten if one is careful with the accelerator. I am saying pleasant surprise since I had been hearing from message boards, etc, that it will not attain EPA estimates. Wrong! The highway mileage so far has averaged at about 27 mpg. Lexus has a new big hit.

Great Ride
By Dick on 04/29/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got my 400h..It is awesome. The performance is wondeful. Fast off the start and kind on the fuel. 27.3 mpg on my first tank. It seems funny at first when the engine shuts down at a stop light, but no loss when it turns green. The integration of the powertain and the smooth ride are wonderful. Lexus has hit this one out of the park....I love it......

Incredible Car (even ignoring the MPG)
By SBonnie on 04/27/05 20:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has a certain aspect of guilty pleasure. It is looks beautiful, is incredibly designed, has amazing pick up and performance, and is one of the most advanced technology infrastructures that I have seen. Then you get to that fact that I don't feel guilty at all, it is a hybrid, gets mileage of around 30 MPG, and has incredibly low emmisions. I am still trying to figure out what the rub is.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.