2006 Lexus RX 400h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:
First Time Lexus Owner
By JimAtlanta on 07/25/05 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving a pick-up truck for years I wanted a vehicle with a more refined drive, styling and amenities but which would also provide the capability of a decent amount of cargo capacity. After looking around and test driving several SUV's the Lexus 400h caught my attention with its superior gas mileage, styling and refinement. I have had my vehicle for a month and find it as pleasurable to drive now as I did the first day....In fact it took me that long just to master the navigation system!! While my gas mileage hasnt reached the government rating it is still satisfactory for the size/weight and amenities of this vehicle.

Love my new lexus
By 2006 rx400h review on 07/25/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just traded in my 2000 RX 300 and have been waiting for 5 months. The wait was well deserved, every aspect of the 400h has improved. The gas milage I've been experiencing has been consistent with other owners about 24 mpg in the city, I haven't thouroughly tested it on the hwy. yet but expect the same results. The gas milage s actually very good given the weight and size of the 400h i wasn't disappointed because I had realistic expectations.

MPG overrated
By Dave Clifford on 07/25/05 14:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you expect the 27-31 mpg this vehicle claims, you better not run the AC. Actual mileage for the first 500 miles=23.6 mpg. This may be OK for the rest of the country, but in SW Florida where you run the AC all the time, I recommend the regular RX330.

Great Vehicle
By NXS on 07/19/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought one for my wife in June to replace her gas guzzling Land Cruiser which was a fantastic vehicle but not for a housewife running around town, was averaging 12.8 per gallon. The Hybrid is averaging 27.3 overall. Fun to drive. Could not help but laugh at a previous readers review suggesting wood in the interior and steering wheel. THIS IS A HYBRID VEHICLE BUILT TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT, NOT CUT MORE TREES DOWN!!!!!

Almost perfect
By Ron O on 07/15/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had the RX 330 previously and was very pleasantly surprised that the H was substantially better. Much faster, and as expected the mileage was 40% better. One of the best cars of its type I've owned. I only have 3500 miles on it at this time. Time will tell if it can maintain the high esteem I have for it now

Awesome!
By Josh F. on 07/11/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I waited a long time for this car, and am happy to say it was worth the wait. With a family to lug around, I needed to upgrade to an SUV from the sedan I was driving, but didn't want a gas guzzler. This offered the perfect solution to my problem, and had the additional benefit of being a Lexus that is quite luxurious and offers superior performance.

Practical Power & Grace
By frenchorne on 07/11/05 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After three months and 3,000 miles I can accurately describe this vehicle as practically perfect. It combines exhilerating power when you need it (especially from 50-70 mph when you are passing) and amazing average fuel economy (25.8 mpg so far). On top of that, it has the seemless integration of a multitude of creature comforts. It's as close as I will ever get to knowing what it is like to pilot a stealth bomber (Flint Mica/Black leather).

Hybrid luxury
By Kaperino on 07/10/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My leap to this model is a dream. Still in the clouds and expecting to come down soon..

Designed for NYC
By underpin on 07/09/05 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I used to have a ML 500 I filled up 3x a week (56 Gallons) , with the RX400 1 time (15 gallons) . Much more comfortable, Power is very good. Had to get used to no gear shifts, moves well to 110mph. For the price can't be beat.

Loving this Car!
By Nancy Boyken on 07/09/05 11:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven the RX300 for 5 years, and knew when my lease was up that I wanted to upgrade to the hybrid version. It is everything that was advertised, and more. The ride is zippy and fun, the interior luxurious, and the amenities abound.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.