Used 2006 Lexus RX 400h Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 400h model:

Awesome Hybrid
By PeterJ

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just got this great SUV, and I love almost everything about it. Quiet, comfortable, has great acceleration, and almost excellent fuel economy.

Cruising on electric power at low speed.

There is a very narrow range on the gas pedal where you can keep the combustion engine off. If the car had a performance selector that extended that range, the driver could have better control over the balance between performance and fuel economy.

If you can afford it....
By cltaylor12

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The style of the Lexus 400h Hybrid is excellent (the same as the RX330). If you can afford it, it is worth the purchase. Otherwise, if you need more room for children and cargo, go with the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Both use the same technology. Also, be sure to get the navigation system; it is $2,000 but worth having.

The exterior style.

It would be nice if Lexus would give people the option of CLOTH interior, NO Sun Roof, and NO Cargo Rakes. Also, if you do not get navigation, the dealiership claims they cannot install it; they claim it can only be installed at the factory.

Review 2 - after winter
By W.U.

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I reviewed this car last October and have follow-up comments after a winter of New England driving. Mileage dropped about 3 mpg for both city and highway in winter conditions (I got about 24 highway, 28 city). This Spring I have reverted to the Fall mileage which is right on the EPA numbers, though I drive with the windows down and usually avoid AC.

The usual suspects: Navigation system, rain-sensing wipers, backup camera, bluetooth.

1) better keyless entry (keypad or bioscan) 2) voice recognition system that is tied into bluetooth/telephone in lieu of (or addition to) the navigation system. 3) Many telephone and navigation functions are disabled when the car is moving. Keep these active so a passenger can make changes.

Best thing out there now
By leonard sahn

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I Upgraded from Rx 330. This car-based SUV is quieter and feels more solid than the last one.(The hybrid weighs much more due to the batteries, yet handles better.) Interior is unbelievably comfortable, with perfect seat height and angle for those with back problems. Entry and exit are perfectly thought out. Mark Levinson sound system and Navigation with rear back up camera add greatly to the enjoyment and utility. Actual overall gas mileage is about 25-26 mpg-- not bad for a 4500+ lb vehicle. Hybrid engine is silent at start up and at idle, yet extremely powerful with a great " snarl" at rapid acceleration. Best car I've had so far ( and I've had them ALL). And it feels good to use less gas

Comfort. Quietness. Green-ness. Great Lexus service. ( No one understands customer service better than Lexus.) Lease payment very low due to high residual value and aggressive pricing by Lexus and the dealership.

Can't think of any yet. Any disadvantages are just the inevitable consequences of a large vehicle.

A Lexus to Remember
By Leisa James

2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The design of the RX 400h was the first thing that intrigued me about my Lexus. After the test drive I was sold. If youe'r thinking of investing in a hybrid I would strongly suggest you take the Lexus RX400h for a test drive. A hybrid costs more but I would purchase this hybrid again. I live in the rural area and my average speed is 45 mph. I am getting 25.5 mpg daily. It doesn't matter if I have to suddenly stop or increase my speed it averages the same mpg. The 6 cylinder engine has as much or more power than my former 8 cylinder engines that were in my large suvs. This car gives you all the comfort of the large suvs in a smaller and very sporty edition of an suv.

The powerdoor is my favorite feature. I use it daily. The navigation system is great to have available. I've used it a few times already in the three months I've owned my Lexus. The bluetooth connection to the cell phone is another favorite feature. The rain sensor windshield wipers are nice.

I can't think of any at this moment.