Used 2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

By Chuck

Nothing

Great Certified SUV
By Robert

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this Certified with 36000 miles.

Fuel economy about 25.8 hwy.
Breaking: great.
Sound system: great.
Comfort: seats, ride, steering... great!
Turn radius: Excellent.
Excellent Lexus service at Clear Lake Lexus.
We'll buy another Lexus over the other luxury brands.

Elegance, Sophistication, Power
By Diane Cartwright

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Lexus spoiled me. After driving my GS 300 22 years and 191,100 miles I thought I'd like to drive a newer car. I test drove several Toyotas including the Highlander and was close to being sold until I went across the street to Lexus. Ah, the comfort of my GS 300, the beauty of the elegant lines, gorgeous starfire pearl exterior and parchment interior and supremely quiet inside. How could I ever accept any other car? I can't, never will. This is a most exceptional car and, after looking and researching this model for 3 years, I finally have my dream car. It's about as perfect as one will find with a roomy interior and power on the road. What a beautiful, elegant vehicle.

Word to the wise: Be sure your Lexus RX 350 Is made in Japan not in North America. Nothing excels Japanese attention to detail, pride in workmanship and acceptance of nothing less than perfection. Teaching American workers about technical requirements doesn't convey teaching ethics and a sense of self worth that extends to Japanese made products. Those are the cultural differences. You'll be able to tell the country of manufacture by the VIN number. When it begins with a "J" it's made in Japan. Anything else, like a "2" and it's made in Canada. You take your chances if it's not made by the Japanese.

Not made in Japan & service costs vary greatly
By Peter

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This 2013 RX350 is my 7th Lexus ( my 4th RX) and my first Lexus built in the USA rather than Japan. This RX has also been my the least reliable one.

The car had a chronic and constant squeak audible at low speeds which after 4 trips to the dealer finally got diagnosed as a poorly fitted hood (poorly fitted at the factory). It was finally fixed at 20,000 miles. The squeak had gotten so annoying that I actually considered selling the car rather than listen to it.

The electric self positioning steering column began to groan when it moved, starting at about 35,000 miles, and was replaced under warranty. The dealer had to keep my car for two weeks to make the repair. The service tech said the steering column would have eventually given out and that it is tied into the car's starter switch so failure would have rendered the car inoperable. It would have cost $2 500 to fix had it been out of warranty.

Also the leather on the two front seat cushions wore poorly. Deep creases developed into cracks during two years and 50,000 miles of normal use, despite routine application of leather conditioner. The leather cover on the door armrest also came loose from it's padding. After some discussion between the dealer and the factory rep, all of these upholstery items were replaced even though the car was a few miles beyond it's warranty period.

My previous Lexus experiences were trouble free, so I felt I bought good value despite the high purchase price. However, this car has required a lot of attention. Although this RX is a safe comfortable versatile SUV, it is not a great machine like all my other Lexuses.

About service, I have learned that each Lexus dealer sets the cost it charges for service and these costs do vary greatly,. Desert Lexus in Cathedral City, CA charges more for service than any other dealer I have found in Southern CA.

I will probably not buy an 8th Lexus.

More than expected...........I just love my Lexus
By Peace Lover

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Looking to buy a luxury crossover is not a pleasant experience. At first I was confused to buy Acura/Audi etc. Though they are good cars, looking for a full package is a costlier deal in these models. But Lexus RX350 provides just what I was looking for... A beautiful comfortable drive, reliability, noise isolation is just awesome.
Overall it is great car for those who are looking to buy a luxury cross-over. Though F-sport version does not quite appeal much. But regular AWD Lexus RX350 does not disappoint you..!! Peace.!