Used 2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
2013 RX350 FWD fully loaded
By vchigurupati

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a brand new RX 350 fully loaded on October 14, 2013. This is my first Lexus and have been a previous owner of several Toyotas like Camry, Venza and Yaris. While I like the vehicle in general I posted some of the improvements so that prospective buyers can be aware of some of the shortcomings and may want to wait for the completely redesigned 2015 model which should be out some time late in Fall 14.

Favorite Features

Blind spot monitors and Parking sensors Ease of Bluetooth audio streaming in pandora Value for money Reliability and resale value

Suggested Improvements

Power lift gate should have adjustable height. I am surprised that it is not available as 2014 RAV4 offers that feature The side mirrors should fold down when the car is in reverse. Venza has this feature The backup camera should offer more alternative views and also the guidelines that move as per the steering wheel. The center cup holders have cheap plastic divider picked straight out of 2012 Camry! There are no sunglass holders in this vehicle! There is no way to sync the temperatures in dual zone climate control. The USB connection should be moved to more convenient location from deep inside center armrest. Offer Panoramic moonroof option Improve the gas mileage.

Engaging the cruise control blanks out the dashboard display!
By harry102

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving Lexus' LS's for over 20 from 400- 460's. When purchasing my new RX350, no one at Lexus informed me that there was a flaw when engaging the cruise control. When you engage the cruise control the display located on the dashboard above the speedometer goes blank other than the word SET, and does not re-appear unless: 1.You hit the brakes, which disengages the cruise control, or 2.You manually re-engage the display with the thumb control on the steering wheel, or 3.You turn the cruise control off. None of the LS's, IS's, ES's or GS's do this so it is an obvious flaw in manufacture. Lexus says you have to live with it. I wouldn't have bought it had I known up front.

Suggested Improvements

Inform your customers before you buy a vehicle that it has a flaw.

Smooth ride?
By larouse

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have our 2013 Lexus RX 350 for about a month. It has all the bells and whistles. Over all, I am happy with the car so far. However, I do not agree with those who say it has a smooth ride. This car has a very stiff ride, and I can feel every bump on the road. Unless I am driving on a very smooth surface, the ride is bumpy. Also, I find the seats rather tough. We have a 2011 Honda Accord which is smoother than this car! Maybe, it has something to do with the bloody Dunlop tires. Can not tell about reliability yet.

Favorite Features

Quiet cabin, quality interior, blue tooth, assist parking.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the ride, make seats somewhat softer, more comfortable

Absolutely LOVE it.......
By Wind Hill

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my first Lexus a few days ago and it was the best decision that I had ever made. The vehicle is so comfortable and well built. The quality of the vehicle is absolutely outstanding. The interior is very well made & plush. This vehicle has all the features. The vehicle is so quiet and I just love it. I used to own a 2012 Cadillac and it was so uncomfortable and very noisy! This will not be my last Lexus. I am sure that I will purchase another one in the near future. Carrie

Favorite Features

Plush interior, VERY quiet.... All the bells & whistles. So many to describe.

AM RADIO PROBLEM
By casperhrf

2013 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful design, love it!, very nice ride, a little pricey but worthy, Only problem AM radio stations have static, took car to the dealer in West Kendall in Miami and was told they don't have a fix to the problem yet, Lexus is working on it, and that as soon as a fix is available they will contact me. Service and General Manager said this is a problem with the RX and the ES. Service dept tried to give me a 'closed' ticket and I demanded that the problem of the radio needed to be clearly stated on the service ticket and it should be treated as an 'open' ticket, they promise to follow up and contact me once a fix was available. I wrote to Lexus headquarter and stated the problem

Favorite Features

Style, classy, love the ride and the size is perfect for a senior person, a joy to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the AM Radio static problem!