Used 2013 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Elegance, Sophistication, Power
By Diane Cartwright

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Lexus spoiled me. After driving my GS 300 22 years and 191,100 miles I thought I'd like to drive a newer car. I test drove several Toyotas including the Highlander and was close to being sold until I went across the street to Lexus. Ah, the comfort of my GS 300, the beauty of the elegant lines, gorgeous starfire pearl exterior and parchment interior and supremely quiet inside. How could I ever accept any other car? I can't, never will. This is a most exceptional car and, after looking and researching this model for 3 years, I finally have my dream car. It's about as perfect as one will find with a roomy interior and power on the road. What a beautiful, elegant vehicle. Word to the wise: Be sure your Lexus RX 350 Is made in Japan not in North America. Nothing excels Japanese attention to detail, pride in workmanship and acceptance of nothing less than perfection. Teaching American workers about technical requirements doesn't convey teaching ethics and a sense of self worth that extends to Japanese made products. Those are the cultural differences. You'll be able to tell the country of manufacture by the VIN number. When it begins with a "J" it's made in Japan. Anything else, like a "2" and it's made in Canada. You take your chances if it's not made by the Japanese.

Not made in Japan & service costs vary greatly
By Peter

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This 2013 RX350 is my 7th Lexus ( my 4th RX) and my first Lexus built in the USA rather than Japan. This RX has also been my the least reliable one. The car had a chronic and constant squeak audible at low speeds which after 4 trips to the dealer finally got diagnosed as a poorly fitted hood (poorly fitted at the factory). It was finally fixed at 20,000 miles. The squeak had gotten so annoying that I actually considered selling the car rather than listen to it. The electric self positioning steering column began to groan when it moved, starting at about 35,000 miles, and was replaced under warranty. The dealer had to keep my car for two weeks to make the repair. The service tech said the steering column would have eventually given out and that it is tied into the car's starter switch so failure would have rendered the car inoperable. It would have cost $2 500 to fix had it been out of warranty. Also the leather on the two front seat cushions wore poorly. Deep creases developed into cracks during two years and 50,000 miles of normal use, despite routine application of leather conditioner. The leather cover on the door armrest also came loose from it's padding. After some discussion between the dealer and the factory rep, all of these upholstery items were replaced even though the car was a few miles beyond it's warranty period. My previous Lexus experiences were trouble free, so I felt I bought good value despite the high purchase price. However, this car has required a lot of attention. Although this RX is a safe comfortable versatile SUV, it is not a great machine like all my other Lexuses. About service, I have learned that each Lexus dealer sets the cost it charges for service and these costs do vary greatly,. Desert Lexus in Cathedral City, CA charges more for service than any other dealer I have found in Southern CA. I will probably not buy an 8th Lexus.

More than expected...........I just love my Lexus
By Peace Lover

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Looking to buy a luxury crossover is not a pleasant experience. At first I was confused to buy Acura/Audi etc. Though they are good cars, looking for a full package is a costlier deal in these models. But Lexus RX350 provides just what I was looking for... A beautiful comfortable drive, reliability, noise isolation is just awesome. Overall it is great car for those who are looking to buy a luxury cross-over. Though F-sport version does not quite appeal much. But regular AWD Lexus RX350 does not disappoint you..!! Peace.!

Absolutely LOVE it.......
By Wind Hill

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my first Lexus a few days ago and it was the best decision that I had ever made. The vehicle is so comfortable and well built. The quality of the vehicle is absolutely outstanding. The interior is very well made & plush. This vehicle has all the features. The vehicle is so quiet and I just love it. I used to own a 2012 Cadillac and it was so uncomfortable and very noisy! This will not be my last Lexus. I am sure that I will purchase another one in the near future. Carrie

Plush interior, VERY quiet.... All the bells & whistles. So many to describe.

Suggestions
By builder0524

2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this RX350 in March 2013 and have 30,200 miles on. We got every option except radar and front window navigation. It is what we thought a Lexus should be. If there is a next time would go with Hybrid because of intown mileage. Am not convinced the 19" wheels are right for the car and would have liked to have had 18". The odometer shows consistently higher speed by about 3 or 4 miles than actual speed as measured by radar signs and when running a side-by-side with other 2013 SUV's.

The adjustable front seat are outstanding and pay for themselves on road trips.

After owning 4 Camry top of the lines went to Lexus RX 350 6cy for retirement. With the Navigation System option the compass on the rear view mirror is not available and I miss being able to glance and see directions expecially when dring in new areas. Unless you keep navigation screen on at all times you do not have the compass. Miss the sunglass holder from roof location spot with Camry: got spoiled being able to reach up and there they were. There is a rattle with the rear luggage cover behind rear seat. Have tried several things but haven't found good solution yet.

• SUV