Lexus discomfort
By keendriver on
2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Having just completed an 1800 miles road trip I have to report that both I and my wife found that the seats were not ergonomically supportive. On drives of only 150 miles we found that we both suffered from lower back pain, especially in the passenger seat. The lumber support is quite inadequate. I never suffered these pains when I drove my BMW X5 as much as 400 miles in one day.Other criticisms of the car are - view of the clock is blocked by one's right arm: the outside temperature numbers show very small: there is no storage for glasses: the trunk area has poor additional cubby spaces: the reversing camera is poor - my KIA Sorento was much more accurate. I would not buy another one.
Favorite Features
Generally pleasant to drive on short journeys, reliable, good forward visibility, soft ride. Pleasant interior with good quality materials.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the comfort of the front seats. Provide somewhere for storage of glasses. Provide addition storage 'cubby spaces' in the trunk area. Move the clock. Enlarge the outside temperature numbers. Give an option of 'no sunroof/moonroof' - I live in Florida and I have never seen anyone using this facility. It adds extra weight and cost to the car and is unnecessary. Make the GPS easier to use - it is far too complex and over sensitive.