2012 Lexus RX 350 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lexus Rx-350 - Consumer Reviews

2012 RX 350 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Sort Reviews by

Wondering if I should have upgraded...
By jimleslie

2012 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently upgraded my 2009 RX350 for a 2012 model and I'm really wondering if I have made a mistake. I'm very pleased with all aspects of the 2012 except one...ride quality. My 2009 rode much more smoothly than the 2012 does. I have the 19" wheels with Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires (P235/55/19). I'm wondering if I went to the Michelin MXV4's would the ride be smoother. I even asked the dealer if he would swap me the 18" wheels for my 19's...no go. I did take the car for a test drive and it seemed smooth enough to me but after driving it on all types of surfaces, the ride quality is not and upgrade whatsoever. I didn't purchase the car for pinpoint handling...I want a very smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Consideration might be given to providing: 1) adjustable shocks or 2) have a switch which allows the driver to select between a softer or firmer ride.

Lexus discomfort
By keendriver

2012 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having just completed an 1800 miles road trip I have to report that both I and my wife found that the seats were not ergonomically supportive. On drives of only 150 miles we found that we both suffered from lower back pain, especially in the passenger seat. The lumber support is quite inadequate. I never suffered these pains when I drove my BMW X5 as much as 400 miles in one day.Other criticisms of the car are - view of the clock is blocked by one's right arm: the outside temperature numbers show very small: there is no storage for glasses: the trunk area has poor additional cubby spaces: the reversing camera is poor - my KIA Sorento was much more accurate. I would not buy another one.

Favorite Features

Generally pleasant to drive on short journeys, reliable, good forward visibility, soft ride. Pleasant interior with good quality materials.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the comfort of the front seats. Provide somewhere for storage of glasses. Provide addition storage 'cubby spaces' in the trunk area. Move the clock. Enlarge the outside temperature numbers. Give an option of 'no sunroof/moonroof' - I live in Florida and I have never seen anyone using this facility. It adds extra weight and cost to the car and is unnecessary. Make the GPS easier to use - it is far too complex and over sensitive.

Metal Found in Filter, Heads came off
By hwindish

2012 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 5000 miles the Head Gaskets had to be replaced gave some lame reason blaming Canada for that no extended warranty offered just sorry. Lets see dealer did oil change at 10,000 I had it done at 15,000 and the mech showed me metal in the oil; filter. Since when are you ever suppose to have metal in the filter, NEVER. The dealer says sorry but factory rep says normal, not in my life time no customer support call the factory their answer since when do you buy a car from the factory. Lexus Carlsbad shame on you don,t buy.