Feeling of Disappointment.
By barcelonafcfan on
2011 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Having some experience with Toyota (used to work for the company), I'm pretty familiar with their technology and at the same time must say that I'm disapointed. Me and my wife bouhgt the car fully loaded with the tow package and after 1300 miles the transmission went out, wow that was a shock to me. Please don't get me wrong, I still think it is a great car but for over $40K I expect a lot more. Of course it doesn't happen every day with Lexus products but when it does happen to you I'm sure all of us would have doubts. The drive is OK, but if you are for more sporty style of driving go with the German car, mainly Audi Q5 which I drove and it blew me away, it's handling and resposivness.
Favorite Features
I like the styling of the car and interior finish which is probably the best among its class. The ride is Ok, but in order to compete with the German brands Lexus needs to improve in this category. Otherwise it will always remain a number 1 choice for "soccer moms". I also liked the audio sound quality and the Nav's mouse navigation is very convenient. The car is roomy and pleasantly inviding. If you need an upscale SUV and don't demand superior handling and require good gas milage, this car is for you.
Suggested Improvements
Reliability. I know, it doesn't happen often that transmission goes out on a Lexus after 1300 miles of usage, and the problem was fixed in 4 days. Great work Lexus! However, as I pointed out, this SUV when compared to other German brands such as BMW or Audi is nowhere near the performance and handling. We bought the car because it was my wife's dream car. So, if you are in the market for a SUV with superior handling and performance I would say look elsewhere. Good luck.