ARCHAIC NAV SYSTEM
By mnorth509 on
2011 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
First of all, why hasn't Edmunds talked about the archaic nav/radio system in any of their reviews???? I come from the world of Ford/Sirius/SYNC and I was shocked when I realized how old-fashioned the Lexus system is. Yes, I know, I should have kept it for a weekend to discover what a terrible system it is - but I listened to friends who were already Lexus owners, and I read Edmunds reviews and NO ONE told me!!! Have these people never driver another brand of car? You have to jump to two screens to see the title of a song, and then jump BACK to get to the next channel. No color, no logos, just plain old letters that are truncated - you don't even see the whole song title.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable seats
Suggested Improvements
Upgrade the nav/radio system. Fix the terrible power plug situation - cords hanging out of the center console is tacky. Give the driver some storage - no place for pens, no pads. You have to reach behind you to get to the center console cubby, and you have to be a contortionist to access the buttons for heated seats.
By robmidi7
on 04/22/11 10:14 AM (PDT)

I have a 2007 and a 2010 RX350. I like the moveable console in the '07. I don't like the one in the '10. I like the electric steering in the '10. It feels more responsive than the '07 and adds 5 more hp. The nav needs MUCH work. Neither my wife nor I can get the voice recognition system to work accurately. Being on the Lexus Advisory Panel, I gave them an earful about the Ford Sync/my touch and that they need to put some major effort into Lexus' implementation. Overall, love both vehicles.

By mitchellrowe
on 10/10/11 16:43 PM (PDT)

I fully agree wuth all of the above . The Nav System is antiquainted . The center console is useless . The reviews by Edmond's are in many cases sugar coated or omitted . No freedom of the press here .

By kwbuggy
on 05/14/11 16:01 PM (PDT)

I also think it is a very good vehicle BUT the Lexus folk should drive some of the competition. The whole electronics setup is very out of date, for example the versions sold in Canada (where they are built) don't even have a USB port unless you buy the third level option package. Even $18,000 Hyundai's have USB ports as standard equipment. Because all press fleet vehicles are loaded up with all the packages these faults are never mentioned in any review. There is not even a mute button for the radio--even my old Chev had one of those on the steering wheel. I would strongly encourage the Lexus product development people to drive other brands and then bring their radios, entertainment and navigation systems up to at least the level of $20,000 econocars!