Used 2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Amazing automobile
By dcmachead

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The RX 350 is a very well thought out car and quality is evident throughout. The interior is sophisticated without "trying too hard". We got the AWD with navigation, comfort, premium, and tow prep package. The seat ventilation is wonderful in the summer time. I'm also in love with the proximity key and the personalization settings of the vehicle. The navigation takes some getting used to, but the hard drive-based navigation is a lot snappier than portable units and DVD-based Nav I've used on other vehicles. Passenger and driver comfort are amazing. There's plenty of room for 5 people, though I miss the 3rd row seating of my Honda Pilot.

Favorite Features

Key fob/push button start Ventilated/heated seats Navigation Personalized settings Lexus service department (hope I'm not there too often, but it's nice)

Suggested Improvements

Scrolling through POIs could be faster in the navigation system. Looking up individual destinations is a snap, but searching for POIs to constantly display requires scrolling through everything in alphabetical order.

new vs. old
By busseyky

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

the 2010 rx is not as driver friendly as the older models. I should have spent a few dollars on my "99 with 150k miles and kept it

Favorite Features

cargo area door, keyless operation, interior appointments

Suggested Improvements

power cord access and too few recepticles, ash tray, door storage access, unlighted garage door opener button, small glove box area. Auxilliary sun visor would be a nice add. (i had that on my '92 Buick P/Ave.) many more too numerous to mention.

Should buy MDX F/L , biger, better design in side,
By jamgari

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like all cars there is a good thinks and not good ones. in this model i can say Lexus could do more inside of the car, design is so cheap with dashboard , at least Lexus should remove that ugly grey color of metal look. under arm glove department is so uncofy to reach since some [violative content deleted] designer decided to open it only half way, u have to open it with right hand and get what u want with left. plus space under ur right foot is for what? cant freaking reach it anyway.

Favorite Features

Now the highlights of the car. Destination Assist is excellent Idea well only for 3 months. Rear seats going down also great. Ipod * USB* AUX* connection is great to, well that think is standard in most of the cars. rear seats can be put in comfy position good to. rest of thinks are standard no big changes in the car. based on the Price of $45.000

Suggested Improvements

change inside interior design more upscale and technology futures, re-thing glove-compartment size in the car, re-design under arm opener more to side-by-side little doors just like in Mercedes. and the most an professional design was in when you approaching ur car and want to open a back door, u cant because u have to open front door and only after that you can opee back door.

Everything is great except the gas mileage
By sid_arora

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As it has been mentioned in other reviews that car is great. I love the feeling of a plush ride. One biggest complaint is that dealer didn't offer to sell the Hybrid version of this car as i am really not happy with the gas mileage. In year 2011, getting 18 mpg when the gasoline is costing close to $4 per gallon. It is really taking the fun out of driving this gas guzzler. I really suggest Lexus should stop selling this SUV and only sell the hybrid version of this car. On a hindsight i am guilt of not purchasing the hybrid. Thanks.

Favorite Features

Plush ride Heated seats Look and feel

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage (horrible) Buttons placement (fan button is so small and so is temperature buttons) . I really have to think where buttons are before i can press them. It used to be very intuitive in my ex cars.

Slightly Disappointed but Good Overall
By kpetree

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a 2004 RX330 and I wish I'd have kept it. The older Lexus models felt to have some personality, these new ones dont, they're like appliances. The RX is a nice place to be however, it's one of the most comfortable riding cars I've ever been in. But that's not enough to make up for its shortfalls.

Favorite Features

The smartkey system is one of the best I have experienced. Most cars require you to push a small button to unlock the door but here as soon as you grasp the door handle it unlocks. However I do often have problems detecting the car once I get in to start it but I believe it has to do with the fob being in the same pocket as my phone.

Suggested Improvements

The nav system, especially the iPod integration. I have experienced the iPod systems in BMWs and Infiniti's and this has to be the worst. Scrolling through a playlist is painfully slow, just scrolling to the next page of 5 or 6 songs takes at least 10 seconds or more. In the BMW I can zip from the top to the bottom of a playlist faster than this can go one page. I usually end up connecting my iPhone via bluetooth and play my music that way, controlling it through the phone itself.