Used 2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

I hope the new ones ride better.
By jamiedaniel

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got my RX in Feb this year with 9,000 miles on it. Now I think I know why the original owner traded it. The suspension is way too stiff, and noisy. You feel every bump and the rear suspension lets you know with loud booms. This thing rides like a Mercedes ML. That's not good. Also, with all the bouncing around, the back seat emits all kinds of noise. Keeping it folded down seems to help. I don't want a car so soft it wallows and has tons of body roll, but this is just ridiculous. Other than that, I'm ok with the rest of the car. The leather and other materials feel good. It's fairly quiet. I'm getting 23mpg on premium.

This one has every option but the Levinson stereo and the heads up display. A lot of the features that were on my 05 LS430 are here. The heated and ventilated front seats are very nice. I'm happy with the bi-xenon headlight visibility. It's easy to drive. I've had no reliability issues. Fit & finish are up there. The reclining rear seatbacks are nice.

Revise those springs! They are way too stiff. I've read other complaints about the ride. People who owned previous generations say it's awful. I've been looking into aftermarket springs, but I'm not having much luck. A few people say the hybrid rides better with the added weight of the batteries under the rear seat. The entertainment system could've been better for 2011. I never use the navigation. It seems too complicated when I can just use my phone.

Disappointing
By simsim_23341

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had high hopes for this vehicle but sadly it didn't deliver. It's built like a toy. Never again.

The whole thing needs to be rebuilt and rethought.

Smart key not very smart
By pawilliams

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the 2011 RX350 and I love it even after driving Mercedes sedans for the last 8 years the transition was easy.
It's fun to drive, I like the space and it still has the feel of a luxury vehicle.
The problem, my smart key is not very smart.
You should be able to lock and unlock doors and start the car with just a touch or the hand or push of your finger. NOT!! My new RX350 has now been at the dealer for the same amount of time that it was physically in my possession.
They keep saying, "the corporate office is working on a solution".

It's been a really hot summer so I love the feature of the cooled seats.

Make better storage space instead of that strange open space beneath the middle column in the front. Improve the smartkey system so that it really works properly. It does not make me feel any better to hear that I'm not the only one with the problem.

Should buy MDX F/L , biger, better design in side,
By jamgari

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like all cars there is a good thinks and not good ones. in this model i can say
Lexus could do more inside of the car, design is so cheap with dashboard , at least
Lexus should remove that ugly grey color of metal look.
under arm glove department is so uncofy to reach since some [violative content deleted] designer decided
to open
it
only half way, u have to open it with right hand and get
what u want with left.
plus space under ur right foot is for what? cant freaking reach it anyway.

Now the highlights of the car. Destination Assist is excellent Idea well only for 3 months. Rear seats going down also great. Ipod * USB* AUX* connection is great to, well that think is standard in most of the cars. rear seats can be put in comfy position good to. rest of thinks are standard no big changes in the car. based on the Price of $45.000

change inside interior design more upscale and technology futures, re-thing glove-compartment size in the car, re-design under arm opener more to side-by-side little doors just like in Mercedes. and the most an professional design was in when you approaching ur car and want to open a back door, u cant because u have to open front door and only after that you can opee back door.

Amazing automobile
By dcmachead

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The RX 350 is a very well thought out car and quality is evident throughout. The interior is sophisticated without "trying too hard".

We got the AWD with navigation, comfort, premium, and tow prep package. The seat ventilation is wonderful in the summer time. I'm also in love with the proximity key and the personalization settings of the vehicle. The navigation takes some getting used to, but the hard drive-based navigation is a lot snappier than portable units and DVD-based Nav I've used on other vehicles.

Passenger and driver comfort are amazing. There's plenty of room for 5 people, though I miss the 3rd row seating of my Honda Pilot.

Key fob/push button start Ventilated/heated seats Navigation Personalized settings Lexus service department (hope I'm not there too often, but it's nice)

Scrolling through POIs could be faster in the navigation system. Looking up individual destinations is a snap, but searching for POIs to constantly display requires scrolling through everything in alphabetical order.