Used 2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Happy as can be!
By Alex Kolesnikov

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently traded my 2008 BMW X5 in for this 2011 Lexus RX350. The main reason I got rid of the BMW was because of the horrible and I mean horrible reliability, and everyone knows if you wanted a reliable luxury car you choose a Lexus. We've had the car now for a couple days and the transition was much easier than expected. The Lexus has many more features than the old BMW and it's MUCH more comfortable, the ride is smooth, the interior is well appointed and the cabin is very quiet when driving. Very happy that we chose to buy the RX350, you won't regret it.

Favorite Features

smooth ride, quiet engine and interior, comfortable interior, nice technology array, nice leg and head room in the whole car

I hope the new ones ride better.
By jamiedaniel

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got my RX in Feb this year with 9,000 miles on it. Now I think I know why the original owner traded it. The suspension is way too stiff, and noisy. You feel every bump and the rear suspension lets you know with loud booms. This thing rides like a Mercedes ML. That's not good. Also, with all the bouncing around, the back seat emits all kinds of noise. Keeping it folded down seems to help. I don't want a car so soft it wallows and has tons of body roll, but this is just ridiculous. Other than that, I'm ok with the rest of the car. The leather and other materials feel good. It's fairly quiet. I'm getting 23mpg on premium.

Favorite Features

This one has every option but the Levinson stereo and the heads up display. A lot of the features that were on my 05 LS430 are here. The heated and ventilated front seats are very nice. I'm happy with the bi-xenon headlight visibility. It's easy to drive. I've had no reliability issues. Fit & finish are up there. The reclining rear seatbacks are nice.

Suggested Improvements

Revise those springs! They are way too stiff. I've read other complaints about the ride. People who owned previous generations say it's awful. I've been looking into aftermarket springs, but I'm not having much luck. A few people say the hybrid rides better with the added weight of the batteries under the rear seat. The entertainment system could've been better for 2011. I never use the navigation. It seems too complicated when I can just use my phone.

Disappointing
By simsim_23341

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had high hopes for this vehicle but sadly it didn't deliver. It's built like a toy. Never again.

Suggested Improvements

The whole thing needs to be rebuilt and rethought.

Smart key not very smart
By pawilliams

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the 2011 RX350 and I love it even after driving Mercedes sedans for the last 8 years the transition was easy. It's fun to drive, I like the space and it still has the feel of a luxury vehicle. The problem, my smart key is not very smart. You should be able to lock and unlock doors and start the car with just a touch or the hand or push of your finger. NOT!! My new RX350 has now been at the dealer for the same amount of time that it was physically in my possession. They keep saying, "the corporate office is working on a solution".

Favorite Features

It's been a really hot summer so I love the feature of the cooled seats.

Suggested Improvements

Make better storage space instead of that strange open space beneath the middle column in the front. Improve the smartkey system so that it really works properly. It does not make me feel any better to hear that I'm not the only one with the problem.

Should buy MDX F/L , biger, better design in side,
By jamgari

2011 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like all cars there is a good thinks and not good ones. in this model i can say Lexus could do more inside of the car, design is so cheap with dashboard , at least Lexus should remove that ugly grey color of metal look. under arm glove department is so uncofy to reach since some [violative content deleted] designer decided to open it only half way, u have to open it with right hand and get what u want with left. plus space under ur right foot is for what? cant freaking reach it anyway.

Favorite Features

Now the highlights of the car. Destination Assist is excellent Idea well only for 3 months. Rear seats going down also great. Ipod * USB* AUX* connection is great to, well that think is standard in most of the cars. rear seats can be put in comfy position good to. rest of thinks are standard no big changes in the car. based on the Price of $45.000

Suggested Improvements

change inside interior design more upscale and technology futures, re-thing glove-compartment size in the car, re-design under arm opener more to side-by-side little doors just like in Mercedes. and the most an professional design was in when you approaching ur car and want to open a back door, u cant because u have to open front door and only after that you can opee back door.