2010 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Review: Top-Knotch with Annoyances

2010 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Top-Knotch with Annoyances
By Alancom on

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2007 RX AWD for this and kind of regret spending the extra 20K. The vehicle is a great car but it has some very annoying 'features' that prevent me from loving it. #1-Gas mileage. Rated 18/25 (21 combined),all I can say is in your dreams. My 2007 AWD did better. After 5 months, 80% local, 20% HWY I'm AVERAGING 16.9, not even close to the min 18 mpg local only expected. #2-When car is first started I hear a persistent louder-than-valve- tap knock that disappears in time (5 min+). Will find out what it is at 5K checkup soon. #3-rain sensing wipers with no override for true intermittent wiper. They'll run at top speed in a drizzle. Can't beat a Lexus but this is my 6th and least fav.

It's a Lexus. Quality, fit, great power for a CUV/SUV, comfortable, quiet ride. Nav & Park assist beeping at me when I'm too close to something. Backup camera, Bluetooth 2.0 to play music from Blackberry wirelessly over sound system.

Rain-senseless intermittent wiper system (biggest annoyance of all because it has no override), Gas mileage - much poorer than expected (as indicated by the 'new, more accurate' EPA rating)