Good but not Great
By Planobobcat on
2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Traded 2007 AWD RX 350 for 2010 AWD model with rare Luxury and ML options. Easily feels bigger in every dimension. Old model had inadequate front leg room (I'm 6'3"); new model is more than adequate. Interior design much improved. Excellent ergonomics; NAV, screen, mouse is easy to use. Seats are OK but a big hard. Better luggage capacity. Exterior design is fine but not a standout. Ride dynamics are what I expect from Lexus; smooth, quiet, unobtrusive. I really feel the extra weight, but overall it corners flatter and still has adequate power. Brakes are fine and better than 2007. MPG has been disappointing; 18 in town, 22 on the highway. Still, I don't regret my purchase decision.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth for cell phone; works great with Iphone and Blackberry. NAV screen is excellent; NAV is intuitive; mouse easy to use. Extended thigh support on seats (Luxury option) very appreciated. ML audio is very good and can really pump the volume. Interior design is excellent IMO. Love the 6 speed.
Suggested Improvements
Bump the HP to 300 (likely to happen when Lexus moves the 3.5 to direct injection; perhaps 2011 model?). Bit more padding in the seats is needed. Bit more wind noise in the side window than I expected although not a deal breaker. Move the DC and aux inputs to a more accessible location.