Bad suspension in 2010 Lexus 350 RX
By jlotoo on
2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
After having a 2004 Lexus 330 RX for 7 years, I was thrilled to get a new 2010 350 RX last October. Very quickly I began to realize that the ride and the drive were clearly not the same. The 2010 is the roughest ride ever. I have complained at the dealership and had it checked out and they say everything is as it should be but I continue to bounce and rock sideways over the slightest bumps. Also the cargo pad is worthless. It is thin and has no substance and has wrinkled into a gnarly mess. The dealership says we had to have closed the cargo door on it and that just did not happen. The 2004 was a stronger fabric and much higher quality.
Favorite Features
I think it is most attractive to look at and the bright red is really pretty.
Suggested Improvements
We were told the suspension had been redone for the 2010. My advice, is "don't fix it if it isn't broken". I am irritated at the rough ride and recently drove a loaner at my dealership which refreshed my memory as to the smooth drive of my 330.
By hogtales
on 03/09/13 15:01 PM (PST)

Lexus changed the suspension for the RX 2010 models giving it a harsher ride. I ask the Lexus service manager about the ride difference and said he had no idea. I found out later (not from Lexus) that the suspension was changed to allow more interior room. I would take the nice ride of my older Lexus RX over this bounce and rock ride the newer Lexus has. I agree with jlotoo as to memory of the smooth ride my 2004 RX330 had.