2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
Feel the LUV in my new SUV!
By Michelle L. on 01/20/10 21:45 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 1st experience driving a Lexus and I do not regret my choice. The day I picked up the car it was spotless clean and an absolute beauty. It drives with an heir of elegance and has an impressive pick up when you need to move! It is spacious and roomy, handles curves very well, headlights are awesome. The alleged "engine noise" is minimal and not as bad as others claim. I actually like all of the interior features but wholeheartedly agree that the position of the outlets is plain inconvenient. The fact that you can't use the nav while in motion isn't a problem if you have the destination assist feature.

Lexus Quality
By lbjack on 01/19/10 00:28 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 4Runners before and, sold on Toyota quality, decided to step up. Though not as smooth as a V8, this 6 has surprising pickup. Comfortable driving -- trips between LA and Vegas seem shorter than before. Very high-tech -- electronics are sophisticated and intuitive. Handsome interior, wood/leather trim. Deceptively large cargo space: can take 2 full-size bikes! Exterior lines are a bit frumpy, but, like the inside, beautiful fit and finish. Can confirm reviews elsewhere about road noise: pavement-to-tire noise, then wind noise at higher speed. That said, the word is still quality. Whether at home or on the road, I've found Lexus to be a better class of both car and dealership.

First Lexus - Great Upgrade from Sienna
By Glenn on 01/16/10 20:40 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgraded our beat-up 2000 Sienna to a brand new 2010 RX350. Totally thrilled! Smooth and powerful, luxurious, solid. My wife and I fight to see who gets to drive it. The RX350 was not a fait accompli for us - we strongly considered a traditional sedan. But in retrospect I think it's the perfect size, super roomy and comfortable, with a sedan feel but with the very useful hatchback. Strongly suggest getting Lexus-branded black rubber mats from the dealer for the "trunk" area. Glad we did that, they look & fit great. After letting our toddlers trash the minivan, we're looking forward to our slightly older kids taking care of this car!

You have to be kidding
By Rpac on 01/12/10 20:46 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2010 RX350 in Dec 09. Car built same month. I noticed that in making a change with the engine manifold etc the car warms up faster than earlier model. But, driving into a driveway like into a gas station the car rocks like a canoe on the ocean. The improved suspension is a joke. I have 19 inch wheels; I don’t know what for as I don’t have the sports edition. The car does not have the quiet smooth ride as mentioned in reviews. All in all I am disappointed in the car. You slam the driver’s door and it sounds like a car full of tin cans. I would expect this from an American car of years ago but not a new Lexus. The car sounds cheap, rides cheap, and is just an overpriced mess.

Lexus Excellence Continues
By Hooch on 01/06/10 19:03 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of a long line of Lexus vehicles we have had. Very nice exterior styling update. Interior is excellent, as always. Options are logically grouped, or individually available, and are fairly priced. Best value for the price in its competitive class. We have experienced excellent vehicle quality, and a minimal need for repairs with all of our Lexus vehicles, and I presume and expect the same from this RX. I would value factory standard body side moldings. It seems that the day-to-day idiots out there enjoy providing door dings on beautiful cars.

Wish I had my old one
By Lexusreview on 01/06/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 2000 for this one. The 2010 has a very stiff truck like ride. The seats are hard and uncomfortable and there are many rattles all around. I prefer my 2010 Tundra, the ride and quiet exceed this Canadian attempt at a Lexus.

My First Lexus
By George on 01/06/10 08:07 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned Toyota products for the past 25 years. I thought that I would give a Lexus RX 350 a test drive, and was so impressed. I'm so happy with my purchase, it has all the tech items that one would want - navigation, voice recognition, iPod interface and etc. I personally still can't get over how quiet the vehicle is. You have to keep the sound level down on the radio to ensure that you can hear outside noises. Excellent build quality, great features/options, strong performance and excellent Lexus Customer Service. What else could you ask for in a vehicle.

GREAT car... poor utilitarian features
By Wayne on 01/04/10 18:38 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car replaced a RX-300 which was the best car I ever had. The RX-350 is fun to drive, comfortable, and handles well. Again Lexus has hit a good spot in the smaller SUV market. The utilitarian features on a scale of 0 to 10 are about a 0, since something lower is not available. The problem is that many features qualify to check off a box, but are not really useful. Note that this car comes only in a non-smoking, "funny spare" configuration. While I am not a smoker, the lack of a convenient power outlet and ashtray for change is annoying. A "funny spare" on a $40+ car is just plain cheap. I love the car, but a prospective buyer should carefully examine the interior.

6-month Update
By Lexus Loyalist on 01/03/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the car about 6 months now, and just completed a 3500-mile round-trip to the frozen north for the holidays. Driving 10 hours per day, the front seat left me feeling refreshed when I arrived at my destination. The XM radio entertained me, the climate control and seat heaters kept me comfortable, the nav found fuel stops for me, and all of the car's equipment performed perfectly. I prefer the new front seat armrest/console cover to the old bony sticks that folded down from the front seats. I averaged 22-23 mpg at 80 mph on hilly terrain--I think that's pretty good for a loaded SUV. Overall, a great, great car.

LOUD engine acceleration noise
By petenrudy on 01/02/10 11:43 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This 2010 RX350 is my third RX and will probably be my last. The first 2 (2004 RX330 and 2007 RX350) were whisper quiet when accelerating. The 2010 roars like my 2007 just before the tranny died.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus RX 350 Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*