2010 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
Disappointed
By mrbongo on 04/04/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

4th Lexus bought largely on the capacity. has about 25% more space than competitors. interior quality has slipped with each purchase. 1999 gs was first and best. main complaint is the use of vinyl on seats and arm rests. it can't cost that much more to put leather on instead of vinyl. quality of leather has been progressively less with each Lexus i bought. "99gs, 2003 rx, 2008 gs and now 2010rx. passenger seat being replace due to wrinkles and bumpiness. poor quality control. the quality of the carpet is not as good as in prior yrs. being nit picking but lexus is not the luxury car it was in "99. i will probably buy a different brand. was impressed with Hyundai Veracruz.

Good choice on my first luxury car
By Kevinmlexus on 04/01/10 22:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Shopped the major brands, but the RX350 came up on top on everything. Love the center console control system for NAV, audio, etc. My right arm sits comfortably without the need for armrest. Very quiet and comfortable ride to the point where I don't feel I'm going as fast as I am. Love the fact that power is buried in the center console: I just want to set up everything, hide it in the box and then hit the road. Adaptive headlights are very cool, especially noticeable on my first ride on a narrow, winding country road at night.

Wind noise 2010 RX 350
By spagirl on 04/01/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The wind noise is evident even at relatively low speeds. The ipod is very hard to plug in and the gas mileage is about 14 mpg in the city.

Never Again
By Never Again on 03/31/10 16:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Can't stand this car. Had a 2002 before and loved it. The car sounds like a diesel pickup truck when cold. Dealership and Lexus have refused to do anything about it. Wind noise at high speeds is terrible. It sounds like the windows are open just a little bit, but they are not. I like my Ford Edge 100% more, and it cost 25% less. Very loose handling and visibility. I will never buy a Lexus again.

Poor engeneering of add-ons
By White Russian on 03/27/10 17:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Switched 2008 RX350 for this one, and I am sorry I did. All futures, which do not work by design, when driving just distract you and make you dizzy. Voice activation system is missing commands 99% of the time. Some genius put microphones in the middle of front console, when they should be in front of the driver. Central console is protruding to much into the car, difficult to see knobs and digits. Navigation system is Ok, but traffic future can not show you overview of clogged roads for better planning.

Poor successor to the past
By Sailor on 03/26/10 22:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the fourth RX I have owned and by far the least satisfying and most troublesome. The front bumper kept popping out of the clips, the car creaked and snapped on the freeway and the steering wheel was off level even after three tries to align it. After it suffered a freeway debris hit to the nose the body shop replaced the front bumper and it fit perfectly. The car was realigned and the steering wheel leveled by an outside alignment shop. How come a body shop could fix what the dealer never could and why did all those things need fixing in the first place? For approximately 60,000 a Lexus shouldn't need those kind of repairs just to look and run right. Advice to buyers: DON'T!

2006 to a 2010
By clc on 03/19/10 18:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2006 RX was perfect in quality, reliability and performance, 60,000 miles with not one problem, so we traded for a 2010RX. A mistake, why? more wind noise, more road/tire noise, more motor noise, poorer ride quality,l poorer leather quality, gas mileage not as good, no side door strip protection, chrome roof stripe instead of black, poor interior AC outlets positions, no lighting on overhead buttons, over all quality not as good as a Lexus should be. Lexus needs to re-think their future RX's.

Love my new Lexus
By MommyEsq on 03/19/10 10:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus, I have owned 4 Audi's and wanted something different. I love it. I hope the gas mileage is not too bad, I have only had it for a week, so I am not sure yet what kind of gas mileage I'll get. It provides much more room for my 5 year old son.

Nice, but some really dumb designs
By Disappointed on 03/13/10 15:51 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Lexus for 9 mos. amd 9000 mi. It's a nice car but some things are terribly designed. The nav system is wonderful at a stop, but when you are moving, it's useless. Even using the voice activation, it only functions with about 10% of its capability. If you are driving on the hwy and want a particular store or restaurant, you have to get off the road and find a place to park to find it. Useless while driving. The center console storage is poor. The lid doesn't raise far enough to allow easy access. There are 3 12v. power outlets, none easy to get to and none that stay on when the engine is turned off. Even though it's a nice car, I wouldn't buy it again because of these faults.

Top-Knotch with Annoyances
By Alancom on 03/11/10 16:23 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2007 RX AWD for this and kind of regret spending the extra 20K. The vehicle is a great car but it has some very annoying 'features' that prevent me from loving it. #1-Gas mileage. Rated 18/25 (21 combined),all I can say is in your dreams. My 2007 AWD did better. After 5 months, 80% local, 20% HWY I'm AVERAGING 16.9, not even close to the min 18 mpg local only expected. #2-When car is first started I hear a persistent louder-than-valve- tap knock that disappears in time (5 min+). Will find out what it is at 5K checkup soon. #3-rain sensing wipers with no override for true intermittent wiper. They'll run at top speed in a drizzle. Can't beat a Lexus but this is my 6th and least fav.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus RX 350 in VA is:

$124 per month*