2010 Lexus RX 350 3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 6-month Update

2010 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

6-month Update
By Lexus Loyalist on

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the car about 6 months now, and just completed a 3500-mile round-trip to the frozen north for the holidays. Driving 10 hours per day, the front seat left me feeling refreshed when I arrived at my destination. The XM radio entertained me, the climate control and seat heaters kept me comfortable, the nav found fuel stops for me, and all of the car's equipment performed perfectly. I prefer the new front seat armrest/console cover to the old bony sticks that folded down from the front seats. I averaged 22-23 mpg at 80 mph on hilly terrain--I think that's pretty good for a loaded SUV. Overall, a great, great car.

Favorite Features

The cooled seats still rank high on my list, but of course I haven't used them recently. The nav controller and pushbutton entry/start are convenient. The automatic high beam control works great.

Suggested Improvements

You have to remember to turn off the automatic wipers--when schmutz sprays on the windshield, the wiper will spread it into a thin, opaque layer that instantly freezes. I have to concur with some of the more negative reviewers about the lack of illumination for the overhead buttons. Come on, Lexus!