2010 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
Rough riding RX 350
By HUGH CRISSMAN on 05/05/10 13:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My leased R.X. 350 2 W.D. rides like a cement truck! I have been told to carry bags of rocks in the back to improve the ride. I have a lemon and Lexus people say it is not broken and rides as it was designed. Do yourself a favor and never own this Lexus model We hate to drive this car, never again!

Right Choice of SUV
By CO on 05/02/10 15:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Researched and test drove the Acura MDX,Toyota 4Runner and Lexus RX 350. Purchased the 2010 FWD RX350 and could not be happier with my first RX 350. At 6'3,I was worried about comfort, especially on long trips but after making two 500 miles trips, no problems. The ride was quite and very comfortable. The RX350 has more back seat room than my 2007 4Runner and everyone loves the reclining rear seats. Have averaged 19 MPG city, 22 MPH Hwy. Only complaints so far are a weak stereo system and the black/gray screen for the nav/comm control panel. Needs to have some color in it. Surprised at all the negative comments about this vehicle. So far I have very pleased at my choice at a entry level SUV.

Maintenance
By Mary on 04/30/10 10:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

You are all in for a SHOCK! 30,000 mile checkup: $657.09 (Labor was to be $395.42, the rest was for air filters, wiper blades, brake fluid, and... $28.95 labor to check the air pressure of the tires). I told them I would just have the Oil filter and oil change (new 10,000 mile synthetic oil). The oil change cost $120.00 . They said they did not and do not check the fluid levels along with the oil change. The 35,000 mile check up (no oil change), just fluid checks inspect, clean battery cover,check air pressure, tighten nuts and bolts: over $400. 00 (because that labor costs $342.00 of the $400). I am looking for a Ford and/or a new mechanic.

Nice car but not Lexus nice
By sue on 04/29/10 20:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third RX (2004,2008,2010) and my least in love of the three. Like the HP, Nav, and dash design, but I think they've seriously underestimated the Lexus buyer. Being a repeat buyer, it's quite evident that they've cut cost on the area's that make the Lexus a standout luxury car. The RX back seats are no were near the quality of previous RX's. Seats are no longer have that thick forming design. The side door designs have been stripped bear. No more leather like stitching and padding on interior doors. Doors look like what you get in an American made suv. And quality of carpeting has also been downgraded. And no longer a full spare tire. The outside does not match inside.

Remote Control
By Teta on 04/16/10 18:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you are ready to purchase a Lexus SUV or other Toyota vehicle, do not get remote start. It doesn't work as this is the first year they've had it and haven't been cooperating to fix it. Claim the signals are not communicating between the vehicle and key. You have to stand 10 ft. from the vehicle to activate it! Very bad feature. Even some dealers that are honest will tell you this!! Also, back hatch has to be lifted some to get it to go up automatically if doing it manually.

Very Good Overall
By ttb on 04/14/10 17:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first SUV and Lexus. The ride is comfortable with good visibility both front and back. Gas mileage has been spot on. With over 1300 miles 65-70% highway getting 21.2 mpg overall. Very comfortable seats (I'm 6'3"). Layout of controls are good and easy to use for me. Received a UBS and power plug extension from dealer which eliminates problems I read about access. Not as high performance as BMW X5 (X5 handles better) but that is not what I was looking for out this vehicle. RX has plenty of power. RX zero problems and quality seems very good so far. Can't say the same for the X5. This vehicle is designed for a pleasant ride.

Great smaller SUV
By Terry B on 04/13/10 10:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of negative review but it is starter luxury SUV for this price The ride compared to two previous ES 350 is just fine. The gas mileage is down from 27 average to 19.5 but it is a SUV. Very limited wind noise and quietness of vehicle is very much Lexus. I have gotten out of vehicle with it still running but in park several times. Love the storage area with only two rows of sits suit my lifestyle. I didn't get the nav,love the screen display of various settings. I am a 64 yr old and not your typical RX buyer. I personally think it is a great buy with the improved features for 2010. It sounds to me a lot the complainers should not be in a beginner luxury Suv but a lower value SUV.

Enjoying my new Lexus RX 350
By Jen on 04/10/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 1st Lexus. I had been an Acura driver for 15 years & still love the brand. However, I craved something different & the RX 350 caught my attention. I love the cabin space, the power tail gate & the overall feel. Comparing this to my previous Acura RDX, the RX350 doesn't have as much power as I expected. I don't like the quality of the material on the console & near the radio. I definitely expected higher quality from Lexus. The power & usb plugs inside the console are HORRIBLE! Who ever designed this should be fired -- really, it is that bad! I have run the cables through, but occasionally the phone charger falls in & I have to take out all the items in the console. Gas is ok.

Definitely worth a look
By CC on 04/09/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a first-time Lexus owner. I traded my Honda Ridgeline pickup for a 2010 Lexus RX350 crossover as I was looking for something smaller that had plenty of cargo space plus the AWD capability for Colorado snowstorms. I must say I am quite impressed. I was seriously torn between the RX350 and the Volvo XC60, but the Lexus won out when I test drove both (3 times) and found the Lexus had more hip/shoulder room for my 6'2" frame, yet was very easy to load and enter/exit for my 5'0" wife. I believe the RX350 is built on a Toyota Camry frame, which gives it a great smooth ride that doesn't have that stiff "truck" ride that some SUV's have. So far, MPG are 23-24 after one tank of 87 octane.

Great car
By SOURS on 04/06/10 16:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First I would like to comment on the issues that people are having with the nav system: if you're driving and need to find a restaurant you can call Lexus destination assist by just telling the car call destination assist. You will then talk to a Lexus representative that will find you what you are looking for and the send the directions to your nav system, if that's not luxurious and intuitive i don't know what is. The car is pretty quick, quicker that a benz ml350 and rides very soft. The quality of the materials inside is great. The only complaint is that the seats may be a little firm , but you get used to it quickly. The car is very quiet, but if anything just turn on the audio system!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus RX 350 in VA is:

$124 per month*