2010 Lexus RX 350 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Lexus love hate
By mshah

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

hi, i got the lexus rx 350 dec 09. It has the looks, design, tech. Speed that makes it outstanding. Lot of space. Love the mouse navigation controller. Seats are good, heating works but does not cool as per my liking steering is ok compared to BMW. Speed is ok but needs more time to ramp up. One issues I have is I am having a pain in the right leg after driving the vehicle for few hours and I get this every day. It starts at the bottom of the right leg in my toes and has become unbearable. I think it is due to the small space in the gas pedal are and it is uncomfortable. I never had this driving any other vehicle. Something is not right. Hate this pain, otherwise the car works great.

Favorite Features

navi controller, doors lock / unlock, lighting, seats

Suggested Improvements

make more leg room!

Good Value
By JEK

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Currently own a BMW sedan. Looked at 2011 BMW X5 for our second car. Great driving machine, but expensive when add up options for what it is. Looked at RX350 and though not nearly as high performing, provides a higher level of comfort and luxury feel, and quality is great like BMW. Have been driving it for a month now, and I am very impressed. Not nearly as fun to drive as a BMW, but I believe it is an all around great choice and solid value. For those who like the rear lights on the old RX 350, I find the new design much more appealing. Overall look is less round and top heavy, and more sporty. Eye of the beholder.

Favorite Features

Navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of yet. Road feel is good (and I understand improved), but could be better.

Best RX Yet
By Lexus Fan

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd RX, and definitely the best yet. I loved my RX300 but hated my 2008 RX350, what a disappointment it was and I am so glad to be rid of it. This car is an absolute dream to drive, and is beautiful inside and out. I don't understand all the negative reviews, totally undeserving. The ride is so smooth, and this model is 10 times quieter than my 2008. It feels much more substantial and the cabin is more luxurious. No complaints at all. I actually like the new center console it gives the interior a more wrap around feel. Who wants all those power adapters visible anyway? I'm glad they are out of sight. I love this vehicle, great quality. Good job Lexus.

Favorite Features

Standard 18" tires, improved handling and ride, mouse controlled nav, sat radio, improved audio, quieter cabin, quality leather interior, improved bluetooth, ventilated seats, keyless start

Suggested Improvements

Sunglass holder and body side moldings are missed.

A Canadian built Toyota
By Mark

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth yet dull ride. Way way overpriced for what it is. Canadian built .

Favorite Features

Good leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Floating ride with zero driver involvement

Lexus Quality?
By alex

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Been owned 01 mdx, 05 rx, 07 ml350,08 x5, and 09 gl450. Right now I'm leasing 08 911 turbo and have 07 Prius. I've been owned so many cars from all models of Honda to Ferrari f430. What happen to Lexus! They are increasing price with low-end quality material! Feel and look cheap plastic interior, uncomfortable seat (I'm 5'10" n 185 lb). 2005 rx was much better! Thank god we're leasing this car.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality and quality wake up!

Don't believe the few bad reviews
By huntid

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Do not believe the few bad reviews here. I STRONGLY believe, in my opinion only, that these are spies from the other car companies, the closest competitors writing some of this nonsense. Just a warning. Use your common sense. I have owned the car for almost a year now. Fact: it is the smoothest and quietest SUV you can buy. People are posting that it's a little trucky but there is a little truth to that, but please note this is the best of all competitors out there. Fact: center console does fail miserably in design. But, I can live with it. I just drove to the Sequioas and a new X5 overheated, I just zoomed by laughing. Fact: Lexus is the most reliable car available

Favorite Features

Lexus assist. Seats are very comfortable. Great for long trips. Styling is nice. Smooth. Quiet. Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation doesn't take 20% of addresses I input, so I call Lexus Assist. Center console is a complete failure with regards to storage of cell phone, car chargers, etc. Make it a bit smoother. Need 3rd row option. Better color choices.

OK, but not Lexus' best effort
By Mike

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a 2010 RX 350 for six months now and have developed a fairly good feel for its pros and cons. This is my third Lexus since 1990, having owned a LS 400 and currently owning an LS 460. The RX 350 is my first SUV. Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of this style vehicle, preferring a station wagon instead. But I needed something that could tow. I find the peripheral vision in the RX is poor. Maybe itís the tinted windows. Or maybe itís the roof lines. But switching lanes, particularly to the right, is never fun in this vehicle. Also, the driverís side view mirror is blurry and shows double images at the edges. Lexus says itís a design problem and doesnít plan to change the

Favorite Features

Positives include better than advertised gas mileage (25.3 hwy 17.6 avg ) and an excellent designed multifunction multi-controller. The ride in the vehicle, noise level and comfort level are all good. Power is more than adequate and braking is excellent. The vehicle handles well

Suggested Improvements

Negatives are visibility, driverís side mirror, lack of heated steering, interruptions in the satellite radio transmissions

SoccerMomMobile
By Arnie

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is designed for politically correct soccer moms. They have eliminated the ash-tray, lighter and change holder. For just the front seat (1 driver, 1 passenger), they now have 3 cup holders and spaces for an almost infinite number of water bottles. There is no outlet for a cellphone charger or radar-detector. The center armrest is way too far back to rest anything but your right elbow on. Whoever designed this clunker must be related to the guy who changed the formula in coca-cola.

Favorite Features

It hasn't exploded, yet.

Suggested Improvements

Have my garage burn down so I could collect on the insurance.

Disappointed in 2010 RX 350
By John B

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Hi. This is my 4th RX 350 and I have to say this one is the most disappointing one. Lexus is getting very cheap with their products and yet charging more for the vehicle. Body molding on doors an option? Please. Ridiculous. Wood panel interior? Where is it? Very little there. Conventional spare gone, donut tire now? Premium stereo? I have to turn up volume to 30 decibels to hear it. Older RX 350 were much better interior and exterior. Lexus fell from being #1 in customer satisfaction, now I know why.

Favorite Features

19" rims. Not much else.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seats. Stereo. Exterior/interior and make it back to being a lighter vehicle.

Subtle Yet Noticeable Improvements
By IDriveAnM5

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgraded from 2007 RX 350 AWD. Wife's car - she's a lifetime Lexus fan. 2010 model is touted as "totally redesigned," but I think it is more subtle than that. The engine is quieter, gearbox is much smoother, and suspension rework is a big improvement. Others have complained about wind noise, and I seem to agree. Overall, not much disappoints in this new car. Very glad that new rear suspension creates a flatter cargo floor. We're pleased with the upgrade so far. The wife is concerned about the on-demand AWD feature, so we may spend the winter with the Diff locked, which will probably penalize the fuel mileage.

Favorite Features

Keyless Access system is good, except it only works on front doors. No sensors on rear doors. Mouse-based Nav system is actually pretty good. Lots of unlocked settings in the computer menus. Large storage compartments. Ventilated seats are OK. On-demand AWD is a good fuel-saving feature.

Suggested Improvements

Add touch sensors to rear doors. 12- speaker sound system upgrade is still very weak. Correct wind noise issues. Add a heated steering wheel. Not too much to say - they improved the existing (and very well received) product line quite well.