Used 2010 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

2010 Lexus RX350
By Cincy

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Lexus is world class in its cars and SUVs. But the new RX falls short in a few areas, see below.

handling, engine power, cooled seats, exterior design.

Make front seats wider, much narrower than our 2001 RX and uncomfortable on long drives. Get rid of the SOS button (bad idea!) and return the sunglass holder. Rear view camera is ok but add a sensor like Nissan uses. 2 power plugs are very difficult to access (another bad design).

Jerky Auto Shift
By Jerky Auto Shifting?

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this vehicle. I replaced a 2001 RX 300 with this model because the Lexus RX had been so reliable and low maintenance. I love this vehicle (hate the location of cable plugs), but am worried that I have had the vehicle just over a month and having issues with auto shifting while in Drive. With in town driving, sometimes when I press the gas coming from a stop, it takes a second to do anything and then it revs the RPM with a quick jerk as it if is auto shifting. Other times when coming to a stop it jerks as if a rough down shift. So frustrating because I love the vehicle! Anyone else having this problem?

Everything but the shift issues. For those complaining of wind noise, turn your seat cooler/heater off. I thought I had a window open when it was actually the fan that blows the seat cooler! Turned it off and it was silent. Took me a few days to figure it out! Love the technology.

Location of the cable plugs a little higher and more visible would be nice, but like that you can hide the cables. Microphone closer to drive would be nice. Callers routinely say, "Sounds like you're in a cave!"

RX 350 Noisy Engine
By hoop999

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I a have a 2010 RX 350 with about 9,000 miles. The engine has developed loud valve and tappet (I think) noise after about 5,000 miles. I am working with Lexus to find a resolution to this problem and have worked with the local service manager, the actual technician and a regional specialist. So far they have given me an answer that I don't think I or other RX350 users are going to like; which is "that's the way the engine sounds". Interestingly, I test drove a loaner with 700 miles (no noise) and a loaner with 12,000 miles (same bothersome noise as my auto). This could be a really big problem for Lexus in that owners buy their product for comfort, power and a quiet ride.

Comfort Style

Engine Noise

Second RX
By dave22750

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had a 2000 RX300 for 10 years and 180,000 miles and decided we needed a new one. Have had the 2010 RS now for a month. Excellent vehicle. I don't know why all the negative reviews. Quality seems great. Solid driving feel. Smooth, quiet, and comfortable. I enjoy playing tunes on my iphone through the bluetooth and like not having to mess with keys in the ignition. My wife misses the room between the seats on the floor and the sunglass holder above. The available space given under the console is not that convenient. If the reliability of the new one is as good as the old one, I will be happy.

Bluetooth, keyless ignition, and smooth, stable, and quiet ride.

Need sunglass holder, body side molding, and more room for purses or a clip that folds down on the side of the console like on the ES 330.

Solid B+ Performer
By Dallas owners 8/2009

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owners for over a year now. Great highway cruiser (frequent 2-5 hr trips); very quiet and comfortable. Front seats are superb! Very nice instrument display, especially when driving at night. Storage b/t seats is very nice idea and quite convenient. Very nice balance b/t handling and ride - I laugh every time I see discussion about "handling" and SUVs - if you want sports car handling - buy a sports car! The RX is a very good choice for those wanting comfort with a healthy dose of versatility.

Front Seats, strong engine w/excellent passing power; useful center console WITHOUT nav (portables are the way to go!); auto lift gate; auto up/down for all 4 windows; rear center console (stylish, comfortable & useful - far better than the "joke" of a rear console in Audi Q5)

Absence of back-lit garage opener is surprising-my '03 GMC Envoy has this!! Should have full, individual programmability for EACH user to set prefs for radio/temp/seat/door lock & unlock/outdoor lighting exit delay (like Envoy). Bluetooth for iPhone is truly MISERABLE; We expect more from Lexus.