Used 2010 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Feel the LUV in my new SUV!
By Michelle L.

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 1st experience driving a Lexus and I do not regret my choice. The day I picked up the car it was spotless clean and an absolute beauty. It drives with an heir of elegance and has an impressive pick up when you need to move! It is spacious and roomy, handles curves very well, headlights are awesome. The alleged "engine noise" is minimal and not as bad as others claim. I actually like all of the interior features but wholeheartedly agree that the position of the outlets is plain inconvenient. The fact that you can't use the nav while in motion isn't a problem if you have the destination assist feature.

Nav sys is awesome and I actually prefer it to my Garmin. I use the driver side cupholder to store coins. Installed full wood grain package and it really makes the interior "pop." Lexus' top safety ratings makes car insurance very affordable. Really too many favorites to list. Handsfree calling A+

Place the USB and cell charger outlets in a more convenient spot. Cell charger doesn't work if car is off. Something needs to happen to increase gas mileage...real gas guzzler. Seats are a bit hard even if you have a "healthy bottom." 1st scheduled maintenance @ 1K miles or first 30 days too soon.

Lexus Quality
By lbjack

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 4Runners before and, sold on Toyota quality, decided to step up. Though not as smooth as a V8, this 6 has surprising pickup. Comfortable driving -- trips between LA and Vegas seem shorter than before. Very high-tech -- electronics are sophisticated and intuitive. Handsome interior, wood/leather trim. Deceptively large cargo space: can take 2 full-size bikes! Exterior lines are a bit frumpy, but, like the inside, beautiful fit and finish. Can confirm reviews elsewhere about road noise: pavement-to-tire noise, then wind noise at higher speed. That said, the word is still quality. Whether at home or on the road, I've found Lexus to be a better class of both car and dealership.

Reliability, beautiful interior, great sounding standard audio, lots of connectivity; thanks to FWD, deep center console storage, no rear floor hump, more cargo volume. Well-placed cup holder for lefties!

Need to work on road noise issue. Blind spot in side mirror too big. Annoying quirk of Toyota and Lexus: the audio program strip display (not the full screen) is not persistent. You should be able to just glance over and see what's playing without having to fumble around.

First Lexus - Great Upgrade from Sienna
By Glenn

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgraded our beat-up 2000 Sienna to a brand new 2010 RX350. Totally thrilled! Smooth and powerful, luxurious, solid. My wife and I fight to see who gets to drive it. The RX350 was not a fait accompli for us - we strongly considered a traditional sedan. But in retrospect I think it's the perfect size, super roomy and comfortable, with a sedan feel but with the very useful hatchback. Strongly suggest getting Lexus-branded black rubber mats from the dealer for the "trunk" area. Glad we did that, they look & fit great. After letting our toddlers trash the minivan, we're looking forward to our slightly older kids taking care of this car!

V6 power; Lexus fit & finish; heated/cooled leather seats; Bluetooth phone/iPod connections; cool blue backlighting on dashboard; push-button rear open/close; dash tells you how many miles til next fill-up; keyless entry/ignition.

Non-nav display only shows 10 characters for XM station display (I've seen 16 in other cars); only realized after purchase that our package didn't include an AC adapter for the back seat (odd - seems so easy?); Bluetooth setup menu ridiculously complex (god, can't any automaker simplify this?).

You have to be kidding
By Rpac

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2010 RX350 in Dec 09. Car built same month. I noticed that in making a change with the engine manifold etc the car warms up faster than earlier model. But, driving into a driveway like into a gas station the car rocks like a canoe on the ocean. The improved suspension is a joke. I have 19 inch wheels; I donít know what for as I donít have the sports edition. The car does not have the quiet smooth ride as mentioned in reviews. All in all I am disappointed in the car. You slam the driverís door and it sounds like a car full of tin cans. I would expect this from an American car of years ago but not a new Lexus. The car sounds cheap, rides cheap, and is just an overpriced mess.

I really don't have any favorite features.

First of all at night the navi and the instruments panel reflects both on the front windshield and the side driver's window. the ride is horrible, and I mean horrible!

Lexus Excellence Continues
By Hooch

2010 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of a long line of Lexus vehicles we have had. Very nice exterior styling update. Interior is excellent, as always. Options are logically grouped, or individually available, and are fairly priced. Best value for the price in its competitive class. We have experienced excellent vehicle quality, and a minimal need for repairs with all of our Lexus vehicles, and I presume and expect the same from this RX. I would value factory standard body side moldings. It seems that the day-to-day idiots out there enjoy providing door dings on beautiful cars.

Climate controlled seats. The feel of wood steering wheels. Sliding rear seats. Overall Lexus fit and finish.

Build in Japan, rather in Canada. More, and better placed cup holders. Standard body side moldings.