2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
RX350 - Great SUV...for a SUV
By Russ Humphries on 09/18/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Is it as silent or as wafty as a 460 - no. Is it as sport as a ISF - clearly not. It's a SUV/Crossover and in that task it is exceptionally good (so far only 200 miles on it to date). Decent performance, decent economy, very good comfort (seats are a bit hard) and all of the toys any sensible person might want (and more than many would consider sane in a car). Fit and finish is fabulous - Black Pearl exterior stunning with Black interior (both a bit higher maintenance but I got tired of seeing silver and white ones with tan interiors in the WA area!) Agree about the driver-side cup holder though - 'Mostly useless' but there are 2 perfectly good ones in the console.

Good but not Great
By Planobobcat on 09/16/09 18:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded 2007 AWD RX 350 for 2010 AWD model with rare Luxury and ML options. Easily feels bigger in every dimension. Old model had inadequate front leg room (I'm 6'3"); new model is more than adequate. Interior design much improved. Excellent ergonomics; NAV, screen, mouse is easy to use. Seats are OK but a big hard. Better luggage capacity. Exterior design is fine but not a standout. Ride dynamics are what I expect from Lexus; smooth, quiet, unobtrusive. I really feel the extra weight, but overall it corners flatter and still has adequate power. Brakes are fine and better than 2007. MPG has been disappointing; 18 in town, 22 on the highway. Still, I don't regret my purchase decision.

Nav System + Cup Holder + Heated Seats
By barry on 09/04/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

NAV System volume is too low even on loudest setting. Dealer agrees but doesn't know how to fix it. The left side cup holder is useless. It is positioned too close to the driver's door so you cannot grab a cup unless you grab from the top. The heated seats do not get very warm. The 2007 electric heated seats were far superior to the hot air heated seats of the 2010. Overall, not very satisfied yet.

Annoying rattling noise
By first lexus on 08/26/09 21:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I am the only one, but I have to agree with the review written by mml on 08/10/2009. I also noticed a very annoying rattling noise from the driver side seat belt buckle area. I brought the car to the dealership but cannot duplicate it. I really hate it because the problem comes and goes. We need more people to report this problem and have this problem recalled by Lexus. It seems that RX350 is now a mass produced car and the build quality doesn't live up to the hype. A bit disappointing.

Okie dissapointment!
By DDD on 08/24/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I went from a wonderful '07 to this cumbersome '10. The ride is rougher, window noise, a loss of 4 to 5 MPG, and it drives like a truck. The turning radius is greater, the steering is slow to respond, the acceleration is OK but the vehicle seems so big I'm afraid to goose-it. We screwed-up! My wife and I both wish we would have kept the '07. The '07 was nimble, quick and fun to drive. The '10 is none of the above. One positive is I have a little more leg room in the drivers seat. The information panels are hard to see and select. Auto wipers did not come with the '10. The bluetooth is difficult to hook-up three layers down in the console. My advice don't trade.

Poor Quality From Canada
By KC001 on 08/22/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When we ordered our 2010 RX we were assured it would come from Japan, all of our previous 5 Lexus' were Japan built. When the Canada manufactured RX arrived, dealer was surprised but we took the car. First thing that happened was at about 100 miles the front bumper popped off right at the headlights. Sure it was loose at delivery. Returned to dealer and they wanted to charge to repair the damage. Of course that did not fly and they fixed it no charge. Now at 2000 miles bumper is completely loose again just from normal driving. Also waiting on Lexus Customer Service to respond. In addition to above hood, door and car body are not aligned, build quality poor. Be sure your VIN starts with J.

2010 RX 350
By Joe P. on 08/16/09 17:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th RX and they just keep getting better and better. The ride is superb and the power is exceptional. This car maneuvers like a train on tracks-at high or moderate speeds. The interior modifications make you feel like you're behind the controls of fighter jet and the new console controls are really neat and easy to use. Even the new exterior changes add a great touch to a perfect vehicle. If you're looking for a mid size SUV, this is the one.

Love My Lexus!
By bczican on 08/14/09 00:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Lexus. I also have an SC 430. This car is a dream to drive. Quick response and very quiet. The back seat is very comfortable even for my 6' 3" husband. I appreciate the automatic door lock recognition system and the auto open rear hatch when my hands are full. The windshield seems huge compared to my previous car - Mercedes SUV - offering great visibility.

Problem with rustling noise
By mml on 08/10/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new one a month ago. Four- wheel drive with every option available. The car drives really nice. It feels solid and quite on highway. However, I have been hearing this rustling noise from the driver side door/window area when the road is bumpy. See if you all can produce this problem. I believe it's a design issue. I was very annoyed by it at first. When the road is bumpy, or any slight uneven road, I can hear that rustling noise from the driver side door/window area. It sounds like the side window is not installed tight/correctly. Imagine you have something loose in your pocket and you hear the little noise when you jump. I heard the same thing when I drove a loaner.

2010 RX
By alk on 08/05/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

having had the chance to own the rx 07 model prior to this is giving me mixed emotions about the 2010 model. first, the interior I know has been redesigned but the quality of the materials used for the older model is better.The technology is amazingly fun to use although the bluetooth doesnt work with all phone models.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus RX 350 Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*