Used 2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus Rx-350 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:

Poor successor to the past
By Sailor

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the fourth RX I have owned and by far the least satisfying and most troublesome. The front bumper kept popping out of the clips, the car creaked and snapped on the freeway and the steering wheel was off level even after three tries to align it. After it suffered a freeway debris hit to the nose the body shop replaced the front bumper and it fit perfectly. The car was realigned and the steering wheel leveled by an outside alignment shop. How come a body shop could fix what the dealer never could and why did all those things need fixing in the first place? For approximately 60,000 a Lexus shouldn't need those kind of repairs just to look and run right. Advice to buyers: DON'T!

Favorite Features

More room inside, better grade of leather.

Suggested Improvements

No useful 12v outlets in the back seat, need one there. Better fit and finish from the factory. Retrain dealers to align the car correctly or do it at the factory so it's right when delivered. New nav system much harder to use and Levinson stereo lost the quick adjustment to driver's side sound.

2006 to a 2010
By clc

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2006 RX was perfect in quality, reliability and performance, 60,000 miles with not one problem, so we traded for a 2010RX. A mistake, why? more wind noise, more road/tire noise, more motor noise, poorer ride quality,l poorer leather quality, gas mileage not as good, no side door strip protection, chrome roof stripe instead of black, poor interior AC outlets positions, no lighting on overhead buttons, over all quality not as good as a Lexus should be. Lexus needs to re-think their future RX's.

Favorite Features

Push button start, bluetooth, more engine power.

Suggested Improvements

See the above negatives.

Love my new Lexus
By MommyEsq

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus, I have owned 4 Audi's and wanted something different. I love it. I hope the gas mileage is not too bad, I have only had it for a week, so I am not sure yet what kind of gas mileage I'll get. It provides much more room for my 5 year old son.

Nice, but some really dumb designs
By Disappointed

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Lexus for 9 mos. amd 9000 mi. It's a nice car but some things are terribly designed. The nav system is wonderful at a stop, but when you are moving, it's useless. Even using the voice activation, it only functions with about 10% of its capability. If you are driving on the hwy and want a particular store or restaurant, you have to get off the road and find a place to park to find it. Useless while driving. The center console storage is poor. The lid doesn't raise far enough to allow easy access. There are 3 12v. power outlets, none easy to get to and none that stay on when the engine is turned off. Even though it's a nice car, I wouldn't buy it again because of these faults.

Favorite Features

USB connection for IPOD. Can control everything through the audio system. Comfortable. Brakes. Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Make the nav system usable while driving. Add an easy to reach 12v. power outlet that is always on. Raise the lid on the center console for better access.

Top-Knotch with Annoyances
By Alancom

2010 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2007 RX AWD for this and kind of regret spending the extra 20K. The vehicle is a great car but it has some very annoying 'features' that prevent me from loving it. #1-Gas mileage. Rated 18/25 (21 combined),all I can say is in your dreams. My 2007 AWD did better. After 5 months, 80% local, 20% HWY I'm AVERAGING 16.9, not even close to the min 18 mpg local only expected. #2-When car is first started I hear a persistent louder-than-valve- tap knock that disappears in time (5 min+). Will find out what it is at 5K checkup soon. #3-rain sensing wipers with no override for true intermittent wiper. They'll run at top speed in a drizzle. Can't beat a Lexus but this is my 6th and least fav.

Favorite Features

It's a Lexus. Quality, fit, great power for a CUV/SUV, comfortable, quiet ride. Nav & Park assist beeping at me when I'm too close to something. Backup camera, Bluetooth 2.0 to play music from Blackberry wirelessly over sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Rain-senseless intermittent wiper system (biggest annoyance of all because it has no override), Gas mileage - much poorer than expected (as indicated by the 'new, more accurate' EPA rating)