2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
Tweaking of the Highlander.
By John Sarkis on 09/06/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only owned the vehicle for two months, so I have little to say about it; but so far so good. I really enjoy the interior room; I'm a single person but do need the extra space from time to time. This car is based on the Toyota Highlander, which is a good vehicle to begin with; even though they both have Camry pedigrees, the car handles pretty good, and it was a bargain in contrast to other similar Lexus products.

Even Better than the Last RX
By john0922stamps on 07/12/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Time to trade in my 2006 ML350. Although I agree that the Lexus is not quite like a German driving experience, the overall design of the Lexus is superior. Too many quirks in the German cars. I've had the new RX for a month. My city MPG is 21, highway 25. I'm impressed. Navi system is awesome. This is our second RX, and, Lexus has really improved the details on this SUV. I really wonder if the next gen will be able to improve on this.

Quiet & Quick/Sleek & Smooth
By Michael on 07/08/08 12:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Top notch fit and finish, very quiet, surprisingly quick acceleration, comfortable handling. Useful and spacious cargo capacity. Easy to park and maneuver. Easy entry and exit (especially important for my petite spouse). Bluetooth sound quality is great. Love the navigation system (detour feature saved us on a Dallas trip recently). Family actually likes that it still has an "old fashioned" cassette along with the CD changer. We have lots of books on tape that we thought we were through using. We expect great reliability. Love the RX!

2009 RX Is Better Than Ever!
By ethridgedsb on 05/20/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle! This is the 3rd Lexus RX that I have owned and I have to say that they have gotten better with each one. I just traded my 99 RX 300 with over 135,000 miles in for an 09 RX 350 Pebble Beach Edition (Truffle Mica color) and this new RX is rock solid. My 04 RX 330 has a small rattle/creaking sound that occasionally appears but there are absolutely no rattles/creaks in this 09. As for the larger more powerful 3.5 liter engine... I love it. If you are considering a luxury SUV I definitely recommend the Lexus RX 350.

A Day with a Matador
By Rene Clarence Caynan on 05/20/08 17:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased several Lexus vehicles from IS350 to LS430. I was reluctant to drive/purchase an RX 350 because I considered it to be a "ladies" SUV. But everyday I noticed a lot of men have been driving an RX 350. So then I realized that it is no longer a ladies' SUV. About two months ago, I decided to purchase the RX 350 (Matador Red). I couldn't be more happy with my new RX 350. It is fun to drive as it drives like a car and yet my gas mileage is over than 23 MPG.

I love my car
By Jo Ann on 05/15/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Lexus and will not be the last. In the past 15 years we have had 7 new Jeeps and that will never happen again. Point is, we love mid size SUVs. We got our new 2009 RX 350 in April, 2008 and the following week we went on a cruise, a wonderful cruise, but I could not wait to get home to my Lexus. I love my car. It rides like a dream. I LOVE MY CAR.

Excellent Vehicle
By Gill on 04/25/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a FWD and Lexus dealers on the North East do not stock FWD vehicles. Visited my daughter in Atlanta and drove a 2009 RX350 from Atlanta to NJ. The fit & finish is great. My first luxury vehicle and the ride is a real luxury, quite cabin at highway speed, plenty of power to accelrate. Good MPG and I got about 27- 28 MPG on the highway. Experience with Nalley Lexus of Roswell was even better than the vehicle itself. We have lot of old cassette tapes and love the full logic cassette deck.

Not quite perfect
By Lexus Loyalist on 04/06/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having traded my gas-hog GX for a new RX, I am pretty happy overall. The car is comfortable, sufficiently powerful, and endowed with some features that the GX didn't have (such as HID headlamps that swivel, a power liftgate, and fold-flat second row seats). But I am a bit disappointed at the rattling sunroof shade and another rattle emanating from the right front dashboard area. I try to remind myself that I'm getting better mileage to counteract the annoyance. But after driving only 300 miles so far, I hope this doesn't foretell a future of other things going wrong.

Lexus keeps a good thing going in '09
By Steve Rose on 03/30/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! Function and form. What more could you ask for? A run to Home Depot? No problem. A night out on the town? Looking good! All the features you could ever want at a reasonable price. MPG that will make you want to ditch your SUV! Also, knowing that underneath is a Toyota product that will run forever with little more than the occasional oil change is very comforting.

Doesn't get any better than this
By JakOfAllTrd on 03/22/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you're looking at the RX 350, then I don't need to tell you about reliability, fit and finish, etc. I picked up my 2009 w/nav a few weeks ago and I'm coming from a 2000 RX 300. Prior to that I've owned about 15 other vehicles - Toyota, Honda, Nissan. I drove the FX and the feel was much more sporty. However, the trunk space sacrifice was unacceptable. I've driven the 2004-2006 and I wasn't convinced that the improvements to my 2000 were worth the premium. However, in 2009, I can say that they are.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lexus RX 350 Suv in WA is:

$154 per month*